Chapter 9: Sean

"I'm also gay." I keep on thinking about her words. Why am I even thinking about her?

Ever since that dinner, I have been avoiding her. And she has been coming to the office more often. I am starting to think this is her plan to mess with me. Just as I was about to avoid her again, she catches me on time and stops me in my office.

"Where are you going when Unnie is here to visit you?" She said with a smile.

"Are you this free? Maybe I should look for more projects for you to work on." I replied coldly.

"I have plenty of projects. I just don't mind squeezing in some time to visit you. I also wanted to invite you and Aunt Tiffany to have dinner at my house. You guys have always fed me, now my dad thinks that we should be paying it back."

"You don't have to. Just a couple of meals mean nothing. You don't have to pay it back. I mean my mum loves having you over." I said, hoping that this whole dinner thing was cancelled.

To my surprise, I see her at my house alongside an older male.

"My star. Come say hi to Uncle Daejoon. He is Janet's dad and a great friend of mine." Mum said.

"The great Sean Park that my daughter has been talking about. You really look like your parents." Uncle Daejoon really looked like Janet. I guess that's how you know they are related. Was he close with my parents?

We all gathered around the dinner table as the rest of the family arrived.

"I did not know I would meet the in-law so fast." Grandpa joked.

"Grandpa! They are here as Mum's guests. He is a great friend of hers." I raised my voice a little bit. Why can't he let go of the teasing?

"Oh great friend. Unnie, I did not know you had male friends." Aunt Amber spoke.

"Yeah we were great friends. Her mother even pushed us to be together, but I said no." Uncle Daejoon replied.

"Now they will think that Unnie was rejected. Daejoon Oppa. You can't go around saying that she was rejected. You both know why you can't be together." Aunt Sally laughed. Were they supposed to be together? Was I the reason they could not marry?

"Sally. You know it's just a joke. Sandra would kill me if I were to have said yes to Madam Marcella Lee's request. Especially since this one would have literally said yes to it while she was in love with your sister. But we should not talk about that, let's focus on the present."

"Daejoon!" It was the loudest I heard Mum scream.

"Tiffany, calm down. How long are you going to keep getting mad at him. Your wife would have done that." Grandma laughed.

"Mum's wife?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Your mother would have killed Daejoon if he accepted the offer to marry your mum." She continued.

I stepped up and walked to my room. What are they saying? I'm getting confused. I immediately slammed my bedroom door, knowing that Mum was outside.

Was my life ever honest?