[3: Tickets to TDG]

After shutting off my alarm for like the fifth time, I laid there for a few more minutes. It's only 6:30 in the morning, and I had to be out of the house by 7:30.

"maybe 10 more minutes won't hurt.." i mumble to myself glancing at my phone but sighed softly stretching my body before getting out of bed. "fuck!" i wrapped my arms around my body to keep warm; but that wasn't doing any good.

i stood in my bathroom, going through my morning routine. first, I grabbed my toothbrush and diligently brushed my teeth, making sure to cover every nook and cranny. then, I flossed my teeth, ensuring a thorough clean. to freshen up, i swished some minty mouthwash, leaving a refreshing sensation in my mouth.

moving on to my skincare routine, I reached for my favorite facial products. i started with a gentle cleanser, massaging it into my skin to cleanse away any impurities. after rinsing, I applied a hydrating toner, gently patting it onto my face to prep my skin. next, I smoothed on a nourishing serum, packed with antioxidants to give my skin a healthy boost. finally, I applied a lightweight moisturizer to lock in the goodness and keep my skin hydrated throughout the day — and duh, of course i can't forget the eye cream to take care of that delicate area.

since i had showered the night before, I decided to just do a quick bird bath. I splashed some cool water on the necessary areas to freshen up. with my morning routine complete, i felt refreshed and ready.

it's tuesday and we're nowhere close to friday, the way this weekend will be filled of me catching up on snooze since jacqueline had me out the last few weekends and one of them was us spending three days in north carolina to watch a basketball game.

entering my kitchen, i grabbed an orange juice from the fridge to take along with my iron pill and stool softener. i finish the bottle then tossed it into the trash before grabbing a banana on my way out. checking my surroundings before i opened the door, i step out and shifted out my keys from my jacket pocket and put it in to lock the door. locking up, i take out the key and head to my car.

"why the fuck is it always giving a field trip vibe out here." i hurry to the drivers side hopping into the car, i insert the key into the ignition and started it up. i turned on the heat, and sat for a bit.

about five minutes later i was on the road heading to my job — while i was driving my phone rung. i used my buttons on the wheel to answer since my phone automatically connects when i'm inside.

"it's too early to be chatting, and you know this jac."

"i know i know, and im sorry but do you think you could cover for me for like thirty minutes?" jacqueline begs.

frowning as i wondered where she could be, "uh yeah, but why? where are you?"

"at one of drakes flats. i'm about to leave here shortly he brought me breakfast." she said in a hush tone.

"drake? as in aubrey graham? the nigga who hid his son from the world? oh bitch. how did you run into him?"

"long story, but i got us tickets to his concert."

nearly my eyes pop out, "don't fuck with me. are you dead ass?"

"on my dad's granny i'm serious. i just sent you your ticket to ya email, and he got us a place to lay our head, and there's more to it. i just can only tell you that part." jac said.

"you know ion like the two s's. secret and surprises." rolling my eyes, glad she wasn't around to notice.

"rolling yo eyes i can tell but you'll love this i swear. just be packed by the end of the week, okay? i actually gotta go, i will be at work soon."

hanging up the phone from the wheel, i pull up to the building parking lot a few minutes after, it's early, and i am at least the 5th person here. i park in my usual spot, grabbed my belongings and head to my office.

for some reason i am the only person with an office on the sixth floor, meanwhile the others are in cubicles. i've wanted to ask why, but the months and years had gone by, and i forgot about it.

but it's no different from an office, the cubicles has doors, and they're able to lock it up.

the elevator arrives to the sixth floor, and i step out and walked forward to the door, walking inside then take a short trip down a hall, turning the corner. my office was located on the right side of the room while everyone else took the other side.

pulling out my key, i inserted it in and opened my door. i placed the key above my computer, and got settled in.

8:47 AM

glancing away from computer, i notice jac poking her head in. "hey, come in."

about ten minutes ago i finally opened the email from her and the tickets were legit, but i don't think i should go.

"did brenda say anything?" she asked, referring to the supervisor. slowly shaking my head, "she's not in today, personal excuse."

we both know why she wasn't here today, but we're not going to get into that.

"so, what do you think about going to boston for a bit? we can even go to a basketball game for the first time."

twisting my lips side to side, i shrug my shoulders. "i don't know girl.. you know how i get. especially being away from home."

jacqueline groans, sulking her shoulders. "aubs, please. you kinda owe me this one, you didn't come to my last birthday trip because you were so anxious."

"um no. i didn't go because you knew i hated spirits ex boyfriend. i probably serving in jail right about now." i roll my eyes, spinning in my chair grabbing an empty folder to put a new client in.

"shit, that's right.. but still, you owe me. so you're going, whether i 'atta come pack yo shit and drag you there." jacqueline definitely wasn't taking no for an answer.

"whatever girl." i already knew she wouldn't do that, she'd cry. cry real tears, and snot too.

"i'm not joking. i am serious." she pointed at me, leaving the conversation at that.

—

my apologies for any mistakes, did not proofread.