ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ³

Word count: ( 956 words)

Aura Jade stepped out of her room on the train, freshly showered and wearing a clean outfit.

"Elliot? Liza Violet?" She called quietly. It was late. She didn't expect them to be up.

She sighed and walked out to find the bar on the train. She knew it was there, Elliot always spent the train ride sitting at the bar unless he was sleeping or talking to a tribute.

He was the tribute now. Well, it's more like again. And so was Aura. She frowned at the thought, pushing it out of her mind as she carefully opened the door to the room where the bar was.

She looked around before walking inside, no one.

Aura hadn't ever been much of a drinker - she won her games at 12, so she had an innocent image to uphold - but she found recently that it helped make her brain go blank.

She needed that now more than ever. She poured herself a glass of the first thing she found, sitting down and resting her arm on the table.

Aura, as well as Elliot and Liza, had watched the rest of the reapings as soon as they got on the train. Almost all the tributes were very familiar faces.

Katniss and Peeta, the tributes and victors from 12 last year, were once again going into the games. She was a bit glad that it wasn't Haymitch, their mentor. He had been through so much in the past years she'd known him. He was sweet.

Johanna Mason, district 7, who was the only female left as Katniss was, and Elliot for the males. She seemed intimidating, but she was alright when you got to know her. She was about Aura's age.

Gloss, Cashmere, Enobaria, and Brutus. The District 1 and 2 tributes. She was never close with them, any of them, but she knew them by names. They were a scary bunch.

Beetee and Wiress from 3, they were odd, but I guess everyone was odd in their own way.

Mags Flanagan, a very sweet lady, from 4.

And Finnick. Of course, out of all the tributes from 4, it was Finnick.

She hadn't spoken to Finnick much in the past year or two, not after the fight. She didn't know what to say, nor did she want to talk to him all that much.

The thought made her tear up, so she downed the rest of the drink in her glass and walked back to her room.

---

Aura walked into the main viewing room in the capital, a room with a big screen on it showing the live footage of the games that was being aired to the districts.

She stayed close by Elliot's side, not liking all the people. It was loud and crowded in the room, with over half of the mentors for the tributes in the room already.

"There's someone I think you'll like to meet." Elliot said, smiling at the girl. He took her hand and led her through the crowd.

He stopped next to a couch in the corner of the room, tapping the shoulder of a blonde-haired boy sitting down on it.

"Elliot!" The boy said, smiling widely. He glanced down at Aura, standing next to her mentor.

"You're the girl who won last year! I watched you, your songs were so cool. My name is Finnick, I won the year before you." The blonde boy beamed. Aura laughed.

"Thank you! I'm Aura Jade Dagny, but you can just call me Aura Jade." She said, smiling at the boy.

"Nice to meet you, Aura Jade!" Finnick said, scooting over on the couch and gesturing for her to sit.

She did, looking over at Elliot. He smiled and ruffled her hair before walking away.

---

"Aura Jade, we're almost at the capitol!" A voice said, shaking her up.

Aura sat up and yawned, looking over at her escort.

"Good morning, Odilia." Aura said, resisting the urge she had to yell at the girl to get out.

"Time to get up! You need to be dressed and ready for our arrival!" Odilia said, smiling and walking out.

Aura rubbed her eyes and got up, walking over to the table in her room and grabbing the dress that had been laid out for her. She changed quickly before walking out of her room to find Liza Violet.

She found her sitting at the table, eating waffles.

"Good morning, Liz." Aura said, smiling softly. Her sister smiled slightly before continuing to eat.

Aura slid herself into the seat across from Liza, resting her head on her arm. A couple of seconds later, the door opened, and Elliot walked inside.

"Morning girls." He said, beginning to make coffee in the coffee pot.

It was quiet for a few more minutes until Odilia walked in, happy as ever.

"We're about to be arriving at the Capitol!" She said, squeeling in excitement.

No one responded, awkward silence filling the room.

"Come on, my dear victors, be excited!" Odilia said, frowning and looking out the window. "We're here!"

The three victors walked to the doors, following their escort. Aura brushed her dress off a little, turning to look at Liza and fixing her hair a bit. Aura smiled and kissed the top of her head, grabbing the younger girls hand and squeezing it reassuringly.

The doors to the train slid open, and Aura was met with the overwhelmingly bright and loud environment she had gotten used to every year.

She put on a wide smile, waving with the hand not holding Liza's. She turned to look at her sister, making a small gesture reminding the girl to smile. Liza did, waving to the Capitol citizens as well.