Chapter 11: Sean

I finally opened the door. My mind was still confused, but I wanted to know more.

"So what did you have to say?"

"Listen. Your parents had a reason for all of this."

I scoffed. "A reason? They have been lying to me all my life."

"It was a way to protect you. Your other grandmother does not approve of your parents. She even went as far as to threaten to kill. So they made sure no one could hear of your true identity, just in case. Aunt Tiffany was even more afraid when your mother passed away from a car accident."

"So they pretended to be friends just so that no one could know they were together even when Mother was on her deathbed? That does not make sense."

"They didn't have a choice. Your grandmother was furious when your mum and my dad did not get married."

"What can she do? If she wants to kill me, she can try." I shouted.

"You see. This is why my dad wanted you to know. Your grandmother probably put the pieces together. She knows you're their child. So she will be appearing soon. You have to be prepared, and I can help you if you need it." She rested her hand on arm, assuring me.

"Then be my wife. Since she is homophobic. Why not mess her up some more." I blurted out without thinking.

Janet looked like she was in deep thought. "Sure. If that is what you want."

What have I put myself into? Marrying the person I have been avoiding? That is embarrassing.

"But before I agree. You should go down and finish your dinner. I wouldn't want my wife to look like I have been giving her a hard time. And while you're doing that, tell the family about this." She continued, kissing me on the cheek.

I decided to go down after I wash my face. During dinner, I made sure to listen to everyone and dropped the fact that I was going to marry Janet Kim. To which they all clapped, except Mum.

"Don't worry Mum. I am not going to hurt your best friend's daughter. And I'm big now. Relax a bit." I assured her.

"Yeah we are getting old. You shouldn't worry about anything except for having to change baby diapers with me soon! We are going to be in-laws, Tiffany!" Uncle Daejoon excitedly smiles.