Chapter 12: Sean

We announced to the public that I would be marrying Janet. There were mixed views on this. Some people were upset that she was essentially marrying her boss. While others were saying that we looked good together, and how our connection from our childhood was cute. However, we did not reveal my parents' relationship.

My relationship with Janet has been better. I had allowed her to court me because we were getting married anyways. And I think I am starting to like her.

Today, we were gathered at home to discuss the wedding.

"For the nth time, we are not inviting your grandmother." Mum said with a mad voice.

"What will she do? Hire someone to burn the place down?" I responded.

"Love. Don't say that. Mum is not comfortable with her. We shouldn't invite her." Janet spoke.

"Why not? She did not show up to her daughter's wedding because she was worried people would find out. She should come to her granddaughter's wedding and see how happy she is. Maybe she'll be more humane." Grandma agreed with me.

Janet and I went back to the office to work and attend meetings for the wedding.

"Love... you really don't have to invite your grandmother. As much as I want to rub it in her face. I don't want Mum to be on the edge the whole time."

"I want her to think I am putting my guard down. I will not acknowledge her. Just think of her as an acquaintance. And I'll make sure Aunt Sally looks after Mum." I replied to her.

"Ok. If that's what you want. By the way you don't seem to flinch when I call you Love."

"Maybe it has grown on me. I am more fond of you."

"Well... I will make sure that fondness turns into love before our wedding, my love." She gives me a peck on the lips, something that we have been doing.

"Looking forward to that, Honey." I said, a bit shocked with myself.

"Looks like it is going to happen sooner..."

We shifted from that conversation as our wedding planner arrived for the meeting, alongside a few of our friends.

"So, Janet Kim... who would have thought..." Ashley said.

"Right. When I heard. I thought I was hearing wrong." Hyeri added.

"I said the same thing to Janet. I did not think there would be a day where Janet no longer was talking about having a crush on Sean Park, but actually marrying her." Janet's friend, Jisoo who is also the wedding planner.

"Unnie. That's a secret. What would my love think of me if she knows that?" Janet responded.

"Like it was not obvious. You literally made sure for the world to know that she was as your ideal type even if they have never seen her. Blonde hair, tall, stubborn..." Lisa, her other friend chimed in.

"No worries. She hasn't stopped doing all that." I joined in on the teasing.

"Love!"

It was fun seeing her get all red. Her puffy cheeks and glaring eyes... I gave her a peck. Our friends giving us teasing smiles, but I did not care.

"So back to our agenda..." said Jisoo.