2] Four: The Transfer

Title: Four: The Transfer (A Divergent Miniseries)

Author: Veronica Roth

Genre: Dystopian Fiction

No. of Pages: 55 

Date Started: March 2, 2024

Date Finished: March 2, 2024 (I pretty much finished the whole miniseries in a day or so)

Recommended by: Goodreads

---------------------------------------------

"Four: The Transfer" is the first book in the "Divergent" miniseries. The story takes place in a dystopian world where people are divided into factions based on their traits: Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the kind), Erudite (the intelligent), Abnegation (the selfless), and Candor (the honest).

Tobias Eaton, who goes by the name Four, had to choose his faction at the Choosing Ceremony when he turned sixteen. This decision would determine his identity for the rest of his life. After experiencing some trauma inflicted by his father, he decided to choose a faction that was the complete opposite of the one he was born into.

The rest of the story follows Four's first few days in his new faction and reveals some of his greatest fears. I loved this book and the whole series. Initially, I was hesitant because I thought it would be another clichéd dystopian story, but Veronica Roth's writing hooked me. I  recommend this book if you want to read something that isn't what it seems.

----------------------------------------

Quotes I enjoyed:

"You're the one who has to live with your choice, everyone else will get over it, and move on, no matter what you decide. But you never will"

"Don't worry about me handling the pain," I say. "I've had a lot of practice."

"Today you will choose your factions. Until this point you have followed your parents' paths, your parents' rules. Today you will find your own path, make your own rules."

"When I get home, I sit on the front step and take deep breaths of the cool spring air for a few minutes. My mother was the one who taught me to steal moments like those, moments of freedom, though she didn't know it. I watched her...But I learned something else from watching her too, which is that the free moments always have to end."

"The truth is, I want my choice to drive a knife right through my father's heart, to pierce him with as much pain and embarrassment and disappointment as possible. There is only one choice that can do that."

-----------------------------------------------

Overall Rating: 5 Stars!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Please feel free to post your comments and share your thoughts.