Chapter 17: Sean

The war was on once Mum released her statement.

It said: "Hello. This is Writer Tiffany Lee. For many years, I have kept my identity a secret. I was born to a single mother who doted her life to her business. Growing up, I never felt close to her, but I never went against her words. That was until I asked to become a writer... she was adamant that I would go into business, but I never changed my mind.

Whilst studying in college, I met Sandra Park and we became good friends. One thing led to another and we fell in love. We tried many times to gain acceptance from my mother, but she refused, even kicking me out of the house. I grew up with my in-laws as both Sandra and I started out in the industry. Six years before her passing, we got married and invited my mother once again. She still refused.

We then had our eldest, Roseanne, and decided to keep her birth a secret. And five years later, we had our youngest, Rosalie, who I had thought was dead for the past 20 years. My wife and I were in a car, going for an early admission to our hospital and got into a car accident. The doctor even announced that I gave birth to a still born.

Afraid of what my mother would do, I never wanted to reveal Roseanne's real identity. And on her wedding day, she decides to show up with Rosalie, shocking the whole family. My mother had been keeping my daughter away from me. I did not abandon her. Not only that, she has been abusing my daughter."

I applaud Mum for being so strong. But still afraid of what Grandmother would do. Now that we have responded to her attacks, she surely would not be restless.