17

"Are you sure?" Liam asked Neriah again as she walked toward the locker room with her lacrosse gear. "It's not like him to miss a whole day of school, right?"

"Liam, he's fine," Neriah muttered. "Scott had a date with Kira last night and stayed with her. They probably just had a late night."

"He's hounding you too?" Stiles asked, joining Neriah's side. She ignored him, not even glancing his way once. "Are we're still ignoring me? Cool."

"Scott's MIA and you two are fighting?" Liam groaned, dropping his head back. "This is bad. This is horrible."

"Everything's fine," Stiles mumbled, pushing the locker room door open as they walked in. "Riah and I have our fights here and there and I got a text from Scott this morning. He said he might be a little late."

"Well, how late is late?" Liam questioned, the three of them stopped in the middle of the locker room. "Is he always late? We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. H-He shouldn't be late."

"Who shouldn't be late?" Coach asked, stopping in front of them.

"You damn idiot," Neriah whispered, sending Liam a pointed look.

Liam looked at her and Stiles for help, but they both sent him a thinned-lip look and he sighed. "Scott and Kira."

"They might be slightly late," Stiles added.

"But not much," Neriah threw in.

"Slightly late is still late!" Coach sharply stated. "What are they doing?"

Neriah raised her brows, sucking on her teeth while Liam glanced at her, and Stiles sharply exhaled.

"They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late," Stiles said, his tone taking a higher pitch.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?"

Stiles stared at him with narrowed eyes before looking at Neriah who was staring at Coach with a 'seriously?' look clear on her face.

"They're probably having sex," Neriah bluntly said, rolling her eyes as she walked over to her locker.

Stiles choked on air, slapping his hand on his chest as Liam's eyes widened and Coach's lips parted in shock as he stayed frozen in place.

"You broke Coach," Stile groaned, walking in the other direction to his locker.

♤♡♤♡

Parents and teenagers filled the stands facing the lacrosse field as Neriah walked out of school in her gear with a duffle bag. The lights shone down on the players warming up and the refs talking with the Coach's. Tonight, was the first official game back, and Neriah was honestly a little nervous.

Since the moment she left the locker room, she had smelt a familiar scent and it had been bugging her so much that she didn't hear Lori calling out to her until the younger girl raced up to her with Brett walking behind in his gear.

"Riah," Lori happily said, stopping before a smiling Neriah. "I made you a sign!" She held up a sign with the name 'Riah #14' written and a golden star around it.

Neriah beamed, crouching down in front of her. "Does that mean you'll be cheering for me and not your brother?"

Lori sheepishly smiled. "Maybe."

"I still don't agree with that," Brett mumbled, stopping behind Lori with a faint smile. "Riah, you took away my biggest fan."

"She just knows I'm a better player," Neriah mused, standing back up. "Actually, I've got a present for Missy," she said, opening her duffle bag before pulling out the leather jacket.