CHAPTER 10: Differences? Who would think?

Sigh.... be the one and only dave strudel

Alright, here's a recap. Karkat has problems- wait, wait, phrasing, Strider. Karkat has... a little bit of a problem with his brother, or the closest thing to his brother, because trolls don't have real brothers. But what do I know? I had to basically plead for the little guy to stay with me just because I didn't want him to stay at the wreck of a house he lived at before.

I was just sitting on the edge of my bed, bored. Bored because yeah, people get bored when they have absolutely nothing to do. It's a thing. Because today was Saturday, that meant no school, plus Bro was out all day. Which also means that Karkat and I had the house completely to ourselves.

But I couldn't really do much when the little guy was curled up in a beanbag chair like a cat and sleeping. Except...

I got up, silently creeping over to him. If I'm being honest I could barely stop myself from giggling like a middle school girl at a sleepover. When I got close enough to the... cat in disguise, I just flopped down on top of him, careful not to hurt him. "Wake up, we've got so much shit to do and so little time."

He grumbled something I couldn't possibly understand even if I had a hundred translators and tried to shove me off, failing miserably.

"You really think it's gonna be that easy?" I was giggling like a child at this point.

"NOT WITH YOUR FAT ASS ON ME. GET OFF!"

"Hmmmm... Nope. Not a chance."

He tried to kick me off, so I turned around so that my back was against him. Haha, take that, Vantas. He made a sound that sounded like a growl and tried kicking me off again, successful this time. I let myself fall on my ass and then just stayed there cause why not?

He just huffed and got up, walking off to wherever and closing the door behind him. I didn't bother following him, obviously, and didn't even know where he was going but also didn't care. I just went downstairs to do my own thing. Which was get breakfast. Because food.

I just decided to grab waffles out of the freezer because I'm lazy as fuck, but I didn't just eat them frozen. I wasn't a creature. I just popped them in the toaster and then leaned against the counter, watching the toaster like it would just speed itself up because I was pressuring it into giving me my food.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" A familiar voice spoke behind me and I instinctively turned around. Like anyone would.

"Cookin," I responded simply, leaning against the counter but the other way. Facing Karkat.

"LIES."

"What?"

"I KNOW YOU CAN'T COOK, YOU FUCKING LIAR. DO YOU THINK MY NUGBONE IS FULL OF AIR?" He crossed his arms.

"Listen, I may not know how to cook, like, actually cook, but that doesn't mean I can't work a toaster," Just as I said that, the waffles popped out and I grabbed them. Didn't even let the things cool down. Had no time for that. When I turned back around, the creature we call Karkat was looking at me like I just grew wings or some shit.

"YOU ACTUALLY JUST GRAB THEM LIKE THAT? DON'T YOU BURN YOUR HANDS?" He blinked at me, tilting his head. I told you he's a cat.

"Uh, no? I've gotten used to it by now, my hands are practically unburnable."

"UH HUH. SURE. HOW DID YOU TEST THAT?"

"By not burning myself on things that should've burned me."

Karkat sighed and shrugged. "WHATEVER. CAN I HAVE SOME TOO?"

"You know you don't have to ask to eat, right?" I reminded him and he blinked at me for a few seconds before digging through the fridge for the chocolate chip waffle box, taking out two. After closing the freezer, he just... just took a huge ass fucking bite out of it. While it was FROZEN. "What the fuck Kat. You really eat them like that?"

"UH, YEAH? THEY'RE SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY."

I rolled my eyes behind my shades as he looked at me like I was a crazy person. How did one person have so many different expressions? "How are they possibly better? There's still ice on them. I can see it. Would you really rather eat fuckin Antarctica with flavor over this?" I held up my waffle and it flopped to the side. "That thing's got like, an entire side of ice. You can't like soggy waffles. When that ice melts what are you gonna do?"

"I WON'T LET IT, IF THAT WASN'T OBVIOUS. I SWEAR, IT'S LIKE YOUR THOUGHT SPONGE HAS BEEN SQUEEZED CLEAN OF THOUGHTS SOMETIMES. THEY DON'T JUST BECOME SOGGY AS SOON AS YOU PULL THEM OUT OF THE THING!!" Karkat sort of bapped me on the forehead with the pancake, picking and flicking off a strand of hair that I shedded like a dog onto it.

"Alright man, just sayin that if you heat them up they're a lot better."

"THEY'RE DRY AND SPONGEY LIKE THAT. NOT TO MENTION THEY HAVE NO TASTE. IT'S LIKE THEY'RE MADE OF WALL OR SOMETHING, NOT KIDDING," He took another big chomp out of his waffle and took an overly good look at my perfectly and professionally cooked waffle before just shaking his head. "I MEAN, YOU DO YOU I GUESS. I CAN'T REALLY JUDGE YOU WHEN I LIVE IN YOUR HOUSE."

"Alright, I guess I'll respect your disgusting ways, too. Since you live in my house. Temporary truce type shit."

He just blinked at me before looking away and devouring the rest of his waffles. "SO YOU SAID WE HAD 'SO MUCH TO DO'?"

"Bro's gonna be gone until late Sunday night. You know ow what that means?"

"NO."

"We can do basically whatever we want."

"AS IN...?" He gestured for me to go on. Again with the expressions, how did this little guy have so many of them?

"Bro never really lets me go out regularly... so what do you say we go somewhere?"

Quick! Be the kat!

Somewhere. That is the vaguest thing I have ever heard in my entire 7.5 sweeps of life.

"GO ON, BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING ABOUT AS VAGUE AS YOU NEVER ARE. WHERE DID YOUR SENSE OF MAKING EVERYTHING EXCESSIVELY SPECIFIC GO?"

"Okay, okay, I really don't know where we'll go," He admitted and I rolled my eyes.

"YOU KNOW THE AREA BETTER THAN I DO."

"I know." Dave then suddenly jumped up. "WAIT WAIT WAIT. I just had the BEST idea."

"WHAT'S YOUR AWESOME IDEA," I lifted myself up onto the counter and basically stared Dave down.

"We could always have another random giant sleepover," He suggested. Hell no. Hell fucking no. I am not doing that again.

"NOPE. NOT DOING IT. I ABSOLUTELY HATED THE LAST ONE," I shook my head like I meant every word. And I did.

"Then maybe just a few people this time?"

"FINE. WAIT! DEPENDS ON WHO."

"I was thinking to just invite John, Jade and Rose."

"IF YOU'RE INVITING ROSE YOU COULD POSSIBLY INVITE KANAYA, RIGHT?" I was basically pleading at this point. Filling a place with people I could actually stand to be around was hard. Probably because I could barely actually stand anyone.

"Sure," Dave agreed, nodding. "We will be going somewhere today, though, so you might want to get ready."

I just gave him a nod and went up to his room again. Today was, most likely, actually going to be a good day.

━━━━━━ ◦ ♋︎ ◦ ━━━━━━

hi guys ermmm sorry this is a super short chapter
ive been trying to write a lot
it isnt working btw. but thanks if you like the stuff i write for some weird reason
remember to stay silly !
buh bye