001 : FALLING

Humankind's strongest soldier

That was what they called Choi Jong-In. He was smart, intellective, strong, handsome, tall and so on. He was basically South Korea's most sought after man. His red hair and confident strides garnered attention wherever he went: it was a bit difficult to not.

Women loved him. Men wanted to be him.

And everyone wanted him.

He knew that. He was arrogant enough to know how popular he was. How he was the epitome of strength. How his flames could burn down anything and everything. Power came to him naturally, his mana was alike to a tank.

Given his stature and his personality, it was not a surprise that he was arrogant. Well, he had all right to be arrogant. He knew he was strong but knew better than to be overconfident. Perhaps that's why people loved him.

So, when his soulmate mark appeared on his body, he had made up his mind to reject whoever was his fated. It was a sudden thing. Appeared out of nowhere.

It was when he came out of his bathroom after taking a shower that he noticed it. At first, it was curiousity. Then it was the shock of it all. So, there he was, standing in front of his full-body mirror, a towel around his waist as he stands there in his room, his eyes scrutinizing the mark that appeared on the left side of his chest.

"How interesting." He murmured, placing his fingers upon the mark, inspecting it through the mirror. It was a black color mark that looked like a tattoo but more natural, if that made sense.

The mark itself was a black color, a spiral design with, what looked like, thorns sticking out of its sides. A smirk came over his lips as he walked to get dressed.

After he had finished getting dressed and reached his Guild, he looked through the needed documents for the day. His assistant informed him about the representative from KHA through the intercom.

"Sir, the representative is waiting outside, should I let her in?" A voice called in form the intercom and Jong-In gave his permission, "Of course."

He can already imagine the paperwork, a groan leaving him at the mere thought of it. The red haired man signed the papers and documents as he waited for them to come upstairs.

A few moment later, a knock appeared on his door before it opened.

Thump!

His heart suddenly started to beat fast as the door began to slide open.

Thump!

"Sir, this is Kang Nara."

Thump!

What were the chances?

Thump!

The woman walked in the room and immediately, Jong-In knew,

"Thank you for your presence, Mr.Choi."

This woman was his soulmate.

•••

The woman sat across, her legs crossed as she looked through the files in her hands. A moment passed before she finally looked back up, her eyes cold.

"Mr.Choi, the Korean Hunters Association has received the authority of a few new dungeons ranging from D-ranks to A-ranks. As per the agreement, the Hunters Guild will have access to three C-Rank Gates, one B-Rank Gate and four A-Rank Gates." She finished reading out the file before pushing the file towards him across the table.

He was intrigued. It was evident that she knew that he was her soulmate. It was given that all soulmates would feel that fast-paced heart situation and an increase in their body temperature.

"This is alright." Jong-In nodded with his charming smile as he passed the file to his secretary to send it to the required department.

"I'll be taking my leave –"

"Wait a minute, Ms.Kang." He cut off her words just as she was about to get up to leave. Resting his head against the fist of his hand leaning on the table, Jong-In addressed the situation.

"You're my soulmate, right?" He asked with a close eyed smile.

"I believe so." Her voice was blank, almost as if she wasn't even interested to bother with the topic. She pulled the files close to her chest and gave a hollow, close-eyed smile.

"You don't have to worry though."

Jong-In narrowed his eyes at her words, puzzled and confused. Worry?

"Ms.Kang, I do not quite–"

"I'm sorry but I do not want you as my soulmate."

•••

The strongest.

That was what they called him.

He was the strongest fire-welding hunter in South Korea.

A S-Class hunter.

"I'm sorry but I do not want you as my soulmate."

So, why was he being currently rejected by this woman?

His composure broke and he watched with darkened eyes as she left his office. His jaw clenched and an unamused smile painted his lips. Jong-In leaned back in his seat as he stared at the CCTV monitor in his office. His eyes watched as she walks through the building before exiting yet.

A moment passed.

The beep of the intercom rings out through the room as he speaks in a low voice.

"Yes Si–"

"Get me everything and anything on Kang Nara from the Korean Hunters Association."

How intriguing. His mind flickered back to her, Kang Nara, that woman. Her blonde hair and deep purple eyes. She was beautiful, amorous. Kang Nara had the most vibrant deep purple eyes he had ever seen. Her air was of elegance and she held herself so high that one would think that she was a S-Class Hunter.

He finally found someone interesting after so long.