008

☆𝐒𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ☆Maryland, Ocean City

Maryland, Ocean City

"Next!" the woman behind the cashier yelled. Sariya moved forward and began putting her items on the counter so they could be rung up.

She remained quiet and waited for her items to be processed. Sariya hated talking to people she didn't know; her anxiety would skyrocket in such situations.

Once everything was rung up, she grabbed her two bags and smiled at the cashier. "Thank you," she said politely before making her way to the car.

Sariya was using her stepmother's car today. She really wanted her own car, but her father acted as if she was going to die if she had one.

"Hey, Kai," Sariya answered the phone, having it on speaker as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Wassup? I wanna see you," he smiled into the camera.

"Okay, come get me from my house," Sariya said as she hung up the phone. She hated being on the phone for too long.

𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲..

Makai and Sariya sat outside of a corner store, just a block away from his house, engaged in conversation.

"You haven't been talking to me. Is everything okay?" Sariya expressed her concern, feeling upset because, as her best friend, Makai shouldn't just go missing like that.

"Yeah, I'm cool, just been chilling. But let me go into this store real quick, and then I'll take you home. It's getting late," Makai said, twisting his hair as he looked away. Sariya could sense that he was lying.

She nodded, and as Makai got out of the car, Sariya pulled out her phone. She then connected her phone to the aux so she could listen to her music until Makai returned.

A couple of minutes later, she saw Makai walk out of the store. As he began walking, a black SUV with tinted windows pulled up, and shots rang out, all of them connecting with Makai's body.

As the vehicle drove off, Sariya jumped out of the car and ran over to him. "Kai, please, just breathe! Somebody call the police!" Sariya cried out, screaming as tears streamed down her face.

People were recording and talking on their phones as Sariya checked Makai's pulse every couple of minutes. It was getting slower with each check.

The police and ambulance finally arrived, "Ma'am, please back up!" the ambulance personnel yelled.

They were yelling out codes that Sariya didn't understand until she heard, "Place of death: East Saddle River Road. Time: 8:30 p.m."