Welcome to Basketball

(Jace's POV)

From a young age I knew I wanted to make it big, to real, to true, to prove a point.

I spent most of my time playing basketball and if I wasn't playing basketball I was practicing for basketball. I loved the sport, but my ma made sure I stayed on top of it. I knew she only wanted what was best for me and I appreciated that but she could be a bit much.

Then there was my sister's. My older sister Jackie, she was 2 years older and mainly focused on step and school. She had my back when I needed her but that ain't make her ass less annoying, I swear to god. But let's not forget my other half, my stupid ass other half. I swear that girl would be dead without me. (Y/N) was my twin sister, younger by exactly an hour and 12 minutes.

You would think I'd be hanging that over her head but the always pulling that "But I'm the baby." card like girl don't nobody give a fuck. You being the youngest don't mean shit but aye, let me stop before I get heated. (Y/N) more than anyone was my ride or die, that girl would do anything for me, no questions asked. Maybe because her ass was just messy or maybe she just cared too much. She did care too much, with our dad being gone and my mom always stressing she made it her job to always be there for me and Jackie. She learned to cook, clean, fix bikes, fix damn near anything really, just so we didn't have to feel the pain of not having a dad around but to also ease the pressure of my moms.

Speaking of which you should have seen the look on ma dukes face when (Y/N) found a job willing to hire her at 12 Ma was so mad, I could swear on everything her ass was red in the face.

Me and (Y/N) had many things in common. I mean duh, we're twins but the main thing was basketball. Man, that girl knew how to play some basketball, she wasn't better than me though. She got so into basketball, I don't think she saw it the way I did, she played to have a get away from the world. I played... well I'm not sure why I play, basketball is life.

And I'm not finna lie, whenever (Y/N) got that ball in her hands, everything around her disappeared.

*****
{10 Years Ago}
(3rd Person)

The kitchen was lit with a dim light as a boy and his father sat at the dining room table. The dad held a sharpened color pencil in his hand as he drew a maze out on a white sheet of paper.

"Easy." A young Jace spoke confidently.

"Nah, Little Man. Not this one. It's gonna be hard. By the time I get back in town you should be finished." The dad said as he slid the paper over.

"You full of shit." Jenna spoke.

"I'll call you." The older man swore.

Not too long after a small girl ran into the kitchen.

"Daddy look. I made you something, so you'll have something to remember by while you're gone." The small call spoke as she held up a clearly handmade bracelet.

"Thank babygirl, I'll make sure to keep it." He leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

*****
{Present Time}
(Jace POV)

"Yo Jace stop looking at that shi." I heard my twin sister say.

"Man, shut up." I snarled at her.

Swagger| A Basketball Story (Female Insert)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें