And the Winner is...

It was the day that the fire ferrets would face the wolf-bats in the arena and the fire ferrets were getting their last training in to make sure they beat the wolf-bats into the ground.

They had pictures of Tahno clipped to a clothes line set up so that they could use it for target practice. Elements were flying around the gym as Mako, Y/n, Bolin, and Korra destroyed the pictures of Tahno.

Korra cheered slightly when the last photo of Tahno's annoying leering face went down. "Man! I got a good feeling about tonight. I don't care if we are the under dogs, we can take those pompous wolf-bats!" Korra declared.

"It's gonna be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right," Mako smiled, taking off his helmet.

"Introducing your new champs, the fantastic fiiirreee ferrets!" Bolin exclaimed in an announcer like voice.

"You guys are going to do amazing, I can feel it," Y/n smiled, resting an arm on Korra's shoulder.

Just then, the radio they had on in the background started crackling. "Good morning citizens of Republic city," Amon's voice emerged from the radio. The group froze. "This is Amon. I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshipping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals or else... there will be severe consequences." The radio crackled then went back to the music they had put on earlier.

"That guys got some nerve," Bolin stated.

"You think the council will give in?" Mako asked, panicked.

"I'm not waiting to find out. We need to get to city hall," Korra said, turning to leave the gym.

"Field trip!" Y/n exclaimed.

-

The golden doors to city hall flew open as Korra walked in followed by Mako, Bolin, and Y/n.

The council whipped their heads towards the group, startled. Tenzin stood up. Y/n had seen Tenzin before but never formally met him. It was an honor to be in the presence of the only master airbender in the world.

"Korra, you shouldn't be here," Tenzin said sternly.

"As the avatar and a pro-bending player I have a right to be heard," Korra lectured, "You can't cancel the finals."

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you, but as far as i'm concerned, we need to shut the arena down," Tenzin explained, shaking his head.

"What about the rest of you? Tarlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?" Korra asked.

"Actually, Tenzin and I agree for once," Tarlok began, standing up.

"The council is unanimous. We're closing the arena," Tenzin declared.

"No!" Mako exclaimed.

"What?!" Y/n huffed.

"You can't!" Bolin yelled.

"I don't understand," Korra stated looking at Tarlok, "I thought you of all people would take a stand against Amon!"

"While I am still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice, I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game," Tarlok said, glaring at Korra.

"But it's so much more than that!" Y/n exclaimed.

"Yeah! Think of what it means to the city. Right now the arena is the one place where benders and non-benders in-in peace to- watch benders..." Mako trailed off.