Chapter 1

No ones pov

???: May the Anemo God protect you, strangers!

The girl greeted the trio before doing a type of salute. Which confused the hell out of the trio., especially Nhazul.

???: I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius! You three don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!

Paimon: W-Were not looking for trouble.

Amber: That's what all troublemakers say.

Nhazul noticed Paimon panicking, he sighed and patted her head to ease her panic, he then introduced himself.

Nhazul: Hi, My name is Nhaul Tempest, and the girl with blonde hair is Lumine.

Nhazul Points at Lumine as she waves at Amber.

Lumine: Hello.

Amber turned her attention back to Nhazul.

Amber: Hm...Nhazul and Lumine, huh. Judging by your guy's clothing, you two are definitely not a local of Mondstadt.

Amber analyses Nhazul's as she then observes Paimon.

Amber: And this...mascot, what's the deal with it?

Nhazul was going to say that they were friends, but then remembered a funny incident that happened between the three. A few weeks ago, Nhazul couldn't find food for hours and was completely starving, it was there that he started to hallucinate and would try to eat Paimon. He then would chase her around with a knife, it didn't help that Lumine also chased Paimon with Nhazul, luckily Paimon found two cooked fowl in an abandoned Hilichurl camp and fed it to them. To say the least that Paimon is still traumatized from the experience.

Nhazul: She's our emergency food.

Lumine burst out laughing at Nhazul's answer, while Paimon looked shocked at him, then weakly punched him on the shoulder.

Paimon: Hey! That's even worse than being a mascot!

Nhazul: Hahaha, sorry, sorry, I couldn't help myself. But in all seriousness, the two of them are my friends.

Paimon: That's right! We've only been partners for a month, but we've already become very best friends!

Lumine: Because we literally don't have any other friends...

Paimon: Oh...

Amber: Hmmm, so you three are traveling partners, huh? Well... there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Best you get inside the city as soon as possible, it's not far from here so I can escort you there.

Paimon: Aren't you out here for some other reason?

Amber: I am, but don't worry, I can keep the three of you safe at the same time while doing that too. Besides, I'm still not sure If I can trust you three just yet!