ησтнιηg ¢αη вє ƒσяgσттєη

The two sisters called each other's names as they bolted towards one another, the rocks crunching beneath Raven's feet. The sisters immediately engulfing each other in a hug when they met in the middle. Ivy's drenched clothing and cold feel felt extremely relieving against Raven's burning skin.

"Are you okay? Are- are you hurt?" Ivy hurriedly asked her little sister once she pulled away, keeping her hands on the younger girl's shoulders.

Raven nodded, panting. "I'm okay."

Ivy's long dark ginger hair now appeared brown, being soaking wet, and her makeup was slightly smudged under her eyes- another effect the rain had on the girl.

"Okay," Ivy breathed out, nodding. "Okay, good."

When Ivy let go of her sister, the younger girl stepped away, untied the sweater from her waist, dropped it to the dirt, and fell to the ground on the other side- the rainy side.

The rain felt heavenly against the thirteen-year-old's body. She had been walking in what she might as well call a desert for hours. She was so tired; so exhausted. Not to mention, she was sunburnt… and hot… and dizzy… the feeling she felt when she realized she had finally reached some point of ease- of rest -she let go. She relaxed, falling to the ground and taking in the water. She opened her mouth to the air and caught rain droplets.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Ivy asked her younger sister after she had composed herself, wondering if there was anything she might not know that offered the smallest bit of an explanation to how they got here.

"We were in the forest," Raven looked at Ivy to see if there was any recognition on her face. The older girl nodded, and Raven continued. "Uh, I don't know what really happened. You collapsed." She looked at Ivy again before resuming. "Right after, I felt hands cover my mouth. I could tell they were a guy's."

Raven kept going. "I got him to let go, and I started running. He ended up shoving me back to the ground anyway, and I hit my head on the way down. I got all woozy then, but I remember people hauling me away. They grabbed both arms and both legs, and... then I passed out," the girl explained. "What do you remember?"

"I remember being shoved over, slamming my head, and then I was out."

The two girls sat there, and Raven spoke up. "What now?"

Ivy looked to her right. Right there, in the middle of where the two biomes met, was a building.

It was quite the strange sight, Ivy was shocked neither of them acknowledged it. They both noticed it, but they kind of disregarded it for some reason. It was sort of like a shed, but seemed too... modern. Like some high-tech system was operating inside. The walls were shiny metal, and the doors looked like elevator doors. A keypad could be seen on the wall next to the doors, but that was it. Nothing else. No windows, and the roof was flat, the same metal material as the walls. Basically, a metal box with elevator doors and a keypad.

"What do you think is in there?" Ivy asked. Raven lifted her head from her knees where it had been resting for a while to follow her sister's gaze. Raven took a moment to respond. "I don't know."

Suddenly, Raven stood up. She grabbed her sweater from the desert side and headed towards the weird structure, putting her sweater on as she walked. She walked towards it as if it were normal, like they knew it was safe.

Ivy took a moment, but scrambled to her feet and followed her younger sister towards it.

Raven stopped at the doors, observing the keypad before speaking. "How are we supposed to get in?"

"If we're even supposed to get in," Ivy replied. "It's probably locked for a reason."

"No, there has to be a way in," Raven insisted. She looked around the door, her gaze darting from place to place and her head struggling to keep up with her eyes. She sighed when she found nothing, and she moved to the side of the small building. Ivy followed. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know. Looking for something. Anything."

"Like what?"

"Like I said, anything."

Ivy leaned against the wall as she let her sister look for whatever. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something written, engraved into the wall.

Nothing can be FORgOtTEN.

Ivy furrowed her eyebrows. "Rae," she called. Raven's head perked up. "Look at this," Ivy told her. Raven made her way over to Ivy. "Look." Ivy looked at the writing, leading her sister to do the same.

"Nothing can be forgotten," Raven read aloud. "What the hell does that mean?"

"I don't know." Ivy paused. "Hey, is it... catching your attention that the word "forgotten" just has random capitalization? That has to mean something, right?"

"Nothing can be forgotten," Raven muttered, staring at the writing. "Forgotten."

Both girls stared for a moment before it clicked in Ivy's head. She gasped, catching Raven's attention. "What?"

Ivy didn't respond and hurried to the keypad, Raven following close behind.

The older teenager pressed the buttons, typing in a code.

4010

The keypad flashed the words "REMEMBER" a couple times as it beeped, and the doors slid open.

"Oh, shit," Raven said kind of quietly, smiling a bit. Ivy took her hand. "Come on," she said, bringing Raven into what they assumed was an elevator.

Ivy wondered what the importance of not forgetting things was all about. What were they supposed to remember? It said nothing should be forgotten. The phrase echoed in Ivy's head, repeating itself.

a/n:

i hope you're enjoying so far!!!

this has been a lot of fun to write :)

if you didn't get the 4010 thing, it's because the capitalized parts of the word "forgotten" made numbers. FOR (4) then the capitalized O, (0) TEN (10)