Harry shuffled into his charms class, holding his large pile of books. He was a mess and had woken up late missing breakfast.

'Ah mr potter! Could you sit next to mr malfoy for me' professer Flitwick called as Harry arrived in. Sitting next to malfoy; Just what he needed at the start of the year. He looked up to see the blonde slytherin day dreaming, sitting on his own at the back of the large classroom.

Dracos head was resting in his hand and his cute grey eyes stood out. He had a blank expression but to Harry it looked good. However Harry hated Draco, His dad was a death eater after all, He was all bad.

He made his way through the classroom, nodding to hermione and Ron on the way. They must of gotten there earlier when Harry was rushing. After almost dropping his books thousands of times he finally made it to the desk next to malfoy. He slumped down on the small chair and sighed.

'Potter? I have to sit next to you?' Draco said as he awokened from his deep daydream. Harry nodded obviously feeling as disappointed as Draco was but he was so tired he couldn't be bothered to argue. Professer Flitwick nagged on about charms , neither Draco or Harry were listening.

'Draco! Would you like to show us an example of leviosa!?' professer Flitwick called catching both of their attention. The blonde smirked at the other slytherin boys before standing up.

'My pleasure sir!'.he used the levitation charm to lift Ron into the air and then relaxed back into his chair.

'Weasley I didn't know you could fly!' A slytherin lad called from the corner causing the whole class to roar with laughter. Harry let out a laugh but immediately stopped when he caught Ron's eye. He grabbed the hand of snorting Draco.

'Put him down.' Harry said still holding back laughter. Dracos face filled with colour from the touch of Harry's hand. His palm was soft and sent shivers down dracos spine. He immediately put Ron down. Harry's hand was on Dracos until he realised and quickly pulled away feeling his cheeks full with blush.

'Well that was impressive mr malfoy but I did mean the feather in front of you not poor mr Weasley' the professor said. The rest of the class went quickly. Draco and Harry occasionally made eye contact but they both immediately looked away.

Soon the bell rang and the whole class started to pack up.

'Now now class before you run out!' The teacher called 'I want you to work in pairs and research the history of a chosen charm. Your partner will be your desk mate. This is due this time next week, have a good day!'

Harry groaned at the news of who he had to work with. Especially outside lessons. Draco. Draco wasn't especially happy but mabye working with Harry could be a good thing. First of all he would be able to show off his academic skills, and Harry would have to spend time with him alone. He smiled at the thought. Harry turned to leave as the class started to empty.

'Harry-' Draco called but suddenly regretted what he said.

'Harry? you just called me Harry!' He said a huge grin jumping on his face.

'Potter. Would you want to um' Draco malfoy was stuttering. Luckily only Harry was there. 'I mean will you come over to my dorm so we can you know write the essay'

'If I must' Harry said collecting his books and then leaving with out turning back. 'I'll be there  tonight I guess' he turned to Draco. Draco nodded as he packed up his things