Chapter 5

Maddison Jenkins

This chapter contains violence and assault. If you are uncomfortable with this DONT read this chapter. Your health comes first.❤️

•••

*not edited

"Maddie? H-elp"

My heart starts to race as I hear my little sister's voice come thru the phone.

"Ashley? What's wrong? What happened? Where are you?" I rush out my sentences. I thought she was staying at her friend's house. Why is she crying? I start to pace back and forth and I take a quick glance at Owen. God. He must think I'm a nervous wreck with all that is happening. I haven't even known him for ten minutes and I'm already looking like a freak. He has an unreadable expression on his face. He is a very mysterious man that for sure. I turn my attention back to my sister.

I hear her cries once again through the phone.

"Dad—he— he—..." She is hyperventilating but doesn't finish her sentence before I interrupt her.

" I'm on my way. I love you" I hang up the phone and wipe a tear down my cheek. Fuck I hate crying.

I start to make my way to the door but stop once I see Owen still standing there. I inhale quickly out of shock. I was so focused on getting to Ashley that I forgot about him.

I clear my throat and start to speak first.

" Um, thanks for letting me use your office." I say quickly.

"I need to go now, can you let them know I left, thanks." I offer him a small smile and walk out the door, walking right past him. I walked so close to him I could smell his after shave and cologne. It was the most pleasant and masculine thing I have ever smelt. Although, I probably should've waited to hear his response but I don't have time for that. I can always apologize later. Maybe I will ask Lexi later.

I push the thoughts away and go back to the task at hand. I make it down the stairs and out to my car. I probably shouldn't be driving but I really don't give a flying fuck right now, and the moment I heard Ashley's voice, I sobered right up. I speed any chance I get and I make it to the driveway. The curtains and blinds are always closed so I can't see inside. I put my car in park and practically jump out of the car. I open the door and I see everything that was once in place is on the floor broken. The vases, the pictures of mom on the wall, anything he could get his hands on. I walk around the broken glass and other things and I start to look for Ashley. I see Mark (my father)
Passed out on the floor in the middle of the hallway. I carefully walk over him and make my way upstairs. I see my door kicked in and I quickly look in it. Everything is thrown everywhere and he went through everything.

I ignore the mess he made in my room and continue down the hall to Ashley's room. Her room too is destroyed and her door is in pieces on the floor. I poke my head in and look for her. I see her crying on the floor with her knees to her chest. She's sitting on a bunch of debris from broken things. I walk to her.

"Oh, Ashely. I'm so so sorry." I start to cry with her and hug her. After a good fifteenth minutes I pull away from her and lift her face up to meet mine.

" I want you to pack anything that you can in ten minutes and we're leaving. We're not coming back here. Ever. I'm so done with this bullshit." I tell her and she nods. She starts to get up and I go to my "room" to grab a few things. I grab the hidden cash I had stashed in my closet that he surprisingly didn't find. I also grab my important stack of papers also stashed along with the cash. I grab a couple of clothes and shove everything in my bag.

I walk back to Ashley's room and get halfway there once she walks out with a small bag and a medium sized suitcase.

"are you ready?" I ask her. Her face is red and puffy from crying. She once again nods but doesn't say anything. We walk down the stairs and into the hallway. He isn't lying there anymore which means he's awake somewhere. I don't bother to stick around long to find out where he is when I grab Ashley's hand and make a beeline for the front door.

"Where do you two think you're going." His nasty voice fills my ears and I feel Ashley squeeze my hand tighter. She's scared and I don't want her to feel this way anymore which is why I'm taking her away from all this.

I turn around and look at him. He looks like a homeless man that has gained 200 pounds. His clothes are torn and really dirty and his once tan light skin is now also dirty and disgusting.

"We're leaving." I state bravely and continue walking to the door. I put my hand on the door handle and go to turn it but I'm pushed back. Ashley let's go of my hand and moves out of the way. She starts to cry again. I hate hearing her cry.

" Like hell you are bitch!" He slaps me across the face and I fall to the ground. Ashley starts to scream 'no' and 'stop' but he doesn't care. I move my jaw from the slap, it doesn't help to ease the pain much though. It's definitely going to leave bruise. He then kicks me in my stomach and my side. Kick after kick. I'm starting to fall in and out of consciousness when he stops. I hold my stomach in pain and after a minute or two force myself to sit up. I look at Ashley and she's full out crying.

Father starts laughing hysterically at us when the door burst open.

"What the fuck"

•••

A/N: I will try to upload the next chapter tmr. I can't finish this chapter because it's late and I have school. BUT this will be the last chapter that I leave a cliff hanger on.