Chapter 7: Catfights

Before I knew it, I found myself landing in Milan. My time here would be short, so my schedule was jam packed, having to go in for a fitting today before the runway show. But as of right now all I'm worried about is finding Alex at the show's venue before my wardrobe fitting. Luckily that came easy as I saw her standing by a crew member talking about the show's program. Unlike last time, this show was outside, taking it to the streets. I walked up by her and she pulled me in for a hug "Gosh I've missed having someone to mess around at shows with" "I know, I'm sorry" "Well its all for the better, that internship you snagged is amazing!" "Ya well it has it's ups and downs" "Come one lets start getting dressed for the show" She said dragging me towards a tented up area not to far off, that was perfectly hidden from view, so that the guests couldn't see it. There laid all the chaos, with models and stylists running back and forth, carrying things from one end to the other. I patiently sat down in a chair designated for me, waiting on instructions from hair and makeup, when I noticed a blonde girl with short straight hair glaring at me. I ignored her at first but it seemed like every time I looked over there she was staring. Just as I was about to go up and say something to her, my crew came over and gave me my outfits for this evening, so I let it go but I couldn't help but feel tense around her.

We were now down to an hour before the start of the show, I was ready to roll, talking to Alex while she got some final touch ups done. She had started talking about Charles when that girl from earlier came over, with a warm smile that could fool anyone. "Hey are you Sarah?" "The one and only, what's up?" "I was given these shoes by the stylist, but they changed my look and so now they want us to swap shoes" "Sounds good, I guess, nothing I can do about that" I said as we swapped shoes, with a warm tone trying to match her smile. Maybe she wasn't hating on me this morning and was just too nervous to ask me about the whole shoe situation. I put on the white heels she'd given me, which went better with the short white summery dress I was set to wear.

I continued talking to Alex until it was my cue to head out. I felt less stable in the heels than usual but I figured it was only because they were taller than my normal. I kept on walking making it halfway down when I entirely lost balance and fell over. I could feel the shoes break, and turn into flats. The heel part of the shoe was on the floor instead of on my feet. Thinking fast, I did the bend and snap move, straight out of Legally Blonde, picking up whatever broken bits was left from the shoe on the floor and swung the now flats over my shoulder, holding them by the ends of the shoe, then brought them down at my side as if I was holding a purse and walked on off. I was utterly embraced from that little stunt, but I did my best to recover from it and made sure not to leave anything from my tumble on the floor so no one else would trip and take a fall like me.

When I went back to the tented area my stylist came over and gave me my next outfit and a new pair of heels, looking confused as to how they broke so easily. The same thing was on my mind, but I had to finish the show before I can start asking questions, so I started to change out of the white dress and into a knitted maxi dress perfect for the beach. As I was changing into my new dress, I overheard a few models talking in a hushed tone. I listened in on their conversation unintentionally but what I heard one say made me see red. "I heard from the girl on stage right now that the new girl Marilou, purposefully tampered with Sarah's heels so she would fall" "Why would she do that though?" "I think it's because she's upset Lance was rumored to have had a thing with her" "But why does that bother her?" "Are you slow? She's gotten together with Lance, and it's still fresh so I'm assuming she's trying to get rid of the 'competition'" I decided I'd heard enough and waked out the changing room, seeing the girl's faces flush red from embarrassment, knowing I had heard everything.

Taking note of everyone there, so I could talk about it with the event organizer later, and went back to the cue of models waiting to head out onto the runway for a second time. Now making sure to pay extra attention to the people in the crowd, because my best guess is Lance is somewhere nearby. It was to my surprise when I'd finished my whole lap around and still hadn't seen him. Could it be that he wasn't actually here? I mean talk about a jealous partner, Marilou set me up for disaster and Lance wasn't even here to watch it.

After having gone out that second time, I was officially done for the day, so I took my seat and waited on Alex to finish as well so I could yap to her all about my new found information. When she came over  I limitedly started ranting, I wanted Marilou to get in some sort of trouble with the brand for doing that to me, but Alex was able to calm me down. "Sarah, I understand your furious at her actions I am too, but think about it. It's your last show anyway now with the new internship, plus you have no real proof just some gossip you heard. If you go up and get her in trouble it will open up more chaos for you. Plus you're only going to be here for one more day and you promised to have a fun night out with me, so drop it. If that girl feels so threatened by your presence she feels like she needs to cause you harm, well it sure shows a lot about her character and how insecure she must be." "I know and you're right, I really don't want to start anything, so I guess I'll let it slide, but distract me please! I can only imagine what the critics are gonna say about my walk today" "Sure thing, you know Charles is arriving here in Millan tonight so I was thinking you tag a long with us? You're not going to be the third wheel I swear! Some other drivers are going to be there too" "Where exactly would I be tagging along to?" "A club of course, that way tomorrow we can go out and explore the city together, and we would have had the perfect balance of both the nightlife and touristy attractions. So what do you say?" "Well I came here to spend time with you after all, so I guess the only answer is yes" I said rolling my eyes jokingly. 

We spent the rest of the day getting ready at my hotel and, chilled there until it was time to head out. While doing my makeup I started to get frustrated for a reason I could not explain. Seeing my frustration Alex asked me what's up and I told her I had no clue. "Could it have something to do with Lance?" She gave me a knowing glare, and her intuition was right. "I just don't understand how he can go off and get with that witch Marilou!" "Is the fact that it's her bothering you really, or simply because it's not you?" "I'm not, I mean I cant be but we had a thing going, sure it was nothing official but I'm surprised he moved on so quickly!" "Babes, I'm saying this with love, but it's been weeks and like you said you guys were never dating." "I know but we had chemistry I tell you, we literally made out!." "Right, but didn't you run away without a trace the next morning?" "God, Alex I hate your logic" I said letting out a long grunt. "Cheer up Sarah, who knows tonight you might find your next love interest." 

Author's note here I am quickly realizing I probably should have written the whole story first then published it because I am making you guys wait so much. So it makes me even sadder to say that I will do my very best to post weekly but no promises since I have a lot of finals coming up as the school year comes to a wrap. However I should be posting a lot more when summer roles around!

Ps. haven't checked for grammatical errors on this one either cuz I'm too lazy, some day I'll fix it!