09. 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗅𝗂𝗌𝗌

chapter nine. morning bliss
𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

 morning bliss𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

( the present )

          "CLAIRE BEAR," BEN'S words were muffled as he spoke against the side his girlfriend's neck, trying to wake her up.

Currently the two laid in Claire's bed soaking in the morning sun light that shun down on them between the open curtains. Ben was spooning her from behind while Claire up curled against him, comfortably wrapped in his arms.

When Ben woke up Audrey had already left and there was still less than an hour until the usual time Claire woke up. So he let her sleep unbothered while he soaked in her presence losing track of time.

"Claire, it's time to get up."

""No," she cried turning to push her face further into her pillow. "Five more minutes."

"I gave you five more minutes five minutes ago," Ben chuckled ticking her neck with his nose. "Get up."

Claire still didn't move. All she did was whine at the thought of getting out of bed and at the affect Ben's groggy voice in the morning had on her.

He spoke her name again trying to bribe her with leading lazy kisses up and down her neck. When that didn't work he moved his arm that was wrapped around her waist to tickle her side causing her to jolt away.

"Unfair," Claire sulked now standing out of her warm bed before her boyfriend who still laid there under the heavy blanket.

Ben laughed at his girls misery, "fair. You'd have to get up by now anyway-"

"Did Audrey leave?" She cut him off the ask, looking across the room to nicely made empty bed.

"Yeah. She left before I woke up."

Claire frowned, "oh."

He spoke her name to bring her attention over to him instead of the cold bed that he sat up in. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes. Totally! Just peachy."

"Claire-" she snapped, "it's fine, Ben."

"Okay. You're fine," he agreed knowing she wanted to move on from the topic. "But if you're ever not fine come to me, okay?"

"Okay. I will." The blonde girl nodded, "I promise."

"Good." Ben got up to walk past Claire towards her desk to collect his abandoned shirt that stayed there all night. Along the way kissing her cheek.

He started to button up his shirt but once he did Claire slapped his hand away to do it do it herself. And Ben let her. "Why do you always start buttoning your shirt in the middle?"

"Because it's fun watching you do it."

"Oh is now?"

"It is."