i dont need you but i do (aleheather) 🎀

for the one and only ale_eme
aleheather has been growing on me recently
this was heavily inspired by tosotd by taylor swift 🤗

///

As Heather stood in front of the door, she really wish she had never said all of that.

In the heat of the fight the words she said were vulgar towards Alejandro, and while she was sure he was used to her bullshit, every single thing she said was like a stab to her heart as she thought back to the conversation, vivid as ever in her memory. If someone said that to her she wouldn't show it but be hurt inside. Who wouldn't be?

Villainous, cunning, manipulative. Those were the words that one could use to describe her boyfriend, but she was content knowing that she was his weakness. She could also be a weapon when she wanted to, but she was just as manipulative as Alejandro was. They were a combination of villainy, and always got what they wanted. 

It was undeniable: they were just better together. 

She had to apologize, in a way she knew it. They were always better together, for both of them they're beneficial to each other. But she couldn't deny that she did miss his company a lot.

Heather was a jealous person. She could be petty too, especially when she sees other girls around Alejandro. He's a flirt and so incredibly charming. It started in World Tour but she wouldn't let herself admit it. 

And then she had him, and she let him go, all because of a stupid argument when he accidentally dropped a teapot two days ago.

To be fair, it was an expensive teapot, filled with expensive tea.

Maybe she should've apologized instead of ghosting him for two days. What if Alejandro thought they were already broken up? They weren't, right? Were they?

Rain began to patter around Heather as she walked to Alejandro's house. "Are you kidding me?" she muttered. Maybe she should've brought an umbrella, or drove to his house instead of walking. 

As she approached, she noticed that the curtains were down, the same familiar grey that Heather knew so well. She stayed at Alejandro's more than she stayed at her own house sometimes.

Heather started to run to where she saw shade, stopping at every tree or bus stop to brush the wet hair out of her face. There was a storm brewing and lightning struck far away like a camera flash, and it was starting to get cold too. As soon as she saw the lightning, Heather jumped away from the tree and kept running. There wasn't far now. She just had to turn left on the-

"Heather?" 

She skid to a halt and looked at the person who said her name in the car. "What are you doing in the rain?" Alejandro asked. 

"I just-"

She heard the doors to the car unlock. "Get in."

The car ride back to his house was short, abrupt and silent, maybe even a bit awkward, but she walked into the house and felt the heat hit her like a wave in the ocean. But she was still shivering in her drenched clothes. Alejandro went into the kitchen and she heard a kettle boiling. He must be making tea, Heather thought, and took the opportunity to go upstairs.

In his bedroom she kept some of her own clothes because she stayed over so often. She grabbed a comfortable long sleeved shirt and plaid pyjama pants and took a long, hot shower. When she went back downstairs, Alejandro sat on the couch and said, "What the fuck were you thinking, Heather?"

"I said I was-"

"What were you doing in the rain?" he said. "You could've died, or gotten sick-"

"But-"

"I was shocked when I saw you on the stre-"

"I'm trying to explain," she said evenly, but her voice rose as she kept talking. "I forgot to check the forecast for today, and I was guilty for two whole days because I fucking ghosted you after you broke a fucking teapot!" she yelled. "Obviously I came to apologize, but we just ended up arguing again!" 

"I don't want you to get sick, Heather, but the millions of things that could've happened to you during that storm- I was planning to go to yours but when I got there nobody answered, so I came back home, and I see you taking a brisk walk."

"I felt guilty," she said quietly. "I wanted to tell you- It was just the heat of the fight. I didn't mean-"

"All those things you said?" Alejandro finished for her. "I know."

"Alright," Heather objected, "if you know everything, why couldn't you see that when I left I just wanted you to chase after me? I ignored your calls because I didn't want you to think you I was desperate. I said I don't need you, but I do, I really do, and I swear on my life I didn't mean what I said two nights ago-"

"Come here."

"What?"

"Come over here." He patted on the couch and beckoned her to sit down. "It's alright."

"Are you sure? I mean, I said some really bad things."

"It's not your fault," he said and winked. She felt her cheeks get hot. "I know you have a bit of a temper sometimes. And that you always want to win."

"I'm still trying to work this whole thing out," she said and wrung her hands together. "About being in a relationship and everything." She looked at his beautiful, dark eyes. "During Total Drama I didn't have time for relationships, and everyone wasn't my type either. And in high school everyone thought I was a bitch, but I was popular, so it's fine." She sighed. "In a way, I don't know what I'm doing."

"Well, every girl I brought home ended up with Jose," Alejandro said thoughtfully. "So there's that." He took her hands. "I'm glad you apologized for your actions." She rolled her eyes. "WE can figure this out together. Dating is hard. I just know you're the right person."

"Couples argue, don't they?" Heather asked with wide eyes, and in return she earned a kiss from the man she loved. "Couples argue and then they make up."

"Or make out."

"Oh my goodness." She kissed him again. 

a/n

aaaaaaaaaaaa idk how to feel about this its just over 1000 words