Chapter 2 The Lover

Eric

She looks so much different than she used to. Confident. Sophisticated. Witty. She looks incredible. The past seems like a distant dream. I'd never imagined our first conversation since.....what happened... to be like this.

She seems to be happy, content with what she has, but it seems like something is missing. A part of her soul that belonged to me. She truly does not remember me. After everything that has happened. Well, I wouldn't blame her. It wouldn't be something that she would want to remember.

But suddenly, she's in a trance. She is remembering something. Her eyes widened. She looks petrified. I call out her name. "Jane?" and suddenly, she snaps. "Are you ok ? You look like you saw a ghost."

"Yeah I'm fine, just remembered something.". Was it me Jane ? Do you remember me ? "what did you remember?" . "Oh, nothing of importance."

She's lying. She did remember something important. Maybe this could be a new beginning for us Jane. Maybe we could mend the mistakes of the past, and make a better future for us. But that starts with you trusting me Jane. So I will wait, as long as possible. For you to trust me again, like you used to.

"Ah, I see, well it's getting late and we should probably get going." "yeah i should go, my friend is waiting for me downstairs."

"Oh. it was nice meeting you Jane, I hope we meet again." Oh, we will meet again. "It was nice meeting you too, Eric." she pauses. " Actually, would you like to meet me at the coffee shop down the street? I'd love to talk to you more." YES!! Thank you!! "I would like that too."

As we both go down the stairs, a girl is waiting for her. Red hair. Seems attractive, not bad. "Come on jane! Let's go !!" "yeah im coming." " Who's the cutie?" Is she referring to me ?

"Vanessa!!" "what? He's cute "I'll take that as a compliment. "Hi , I'm Eric." "Vanessa."

" Ok van, we have to go now. " " Hey, I kind of want to stay now." ok i get where she gets her flirting skills from. "No you don't, come on" "ok! Bye handsome!!" cute, not my type tho, i only have eyes for you Jane.

" Goodbye Eric". " Goodbye Jane"

Then suddenly , a memory, the first time she said I love you. I never imagined that she would say those words over a dead body.