ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅᴏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ

The four stood in front of the child, who they had discovered was a girl. She was sitting on the sofa in Mike's basement, his jacket wrapped around her.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked.

"Where's your hair?" Dustin asked, followed by "Do you have cancer?"

"Dustin!" Y/n hit his arm.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike added.

"Is that blood?" Lucas asked as well.

Lucas reached out and Y/n smacked his hand away "Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"Shes freaking me out!" Lucas argued.

"I bet she's deaf!" Dustin said. He then clapped in her face, making her flinch. So Dustin came to the conclusion "Not deaf."

Y/n gets fed up "Alright, that's enough. All of you! She's just scared and cold, okay?"

Mike ran over to a laundry basket and searched through it. As the thunder rumbled, the girl flinched again.

Y/n noticed and sat next to her "It's okay." As it rumbled again, the girl took Y/n's hand.

Y/n rubbed the girls hand with her thumb as Mike came back over with some clothes "Here, these are clean. Okay?"

The girl reached for the clothes with her free hand. She then let go of Y/n's hand as she rubbed the water off her face with the jumper.

She stood up, took off Mike's jacket and went to take off her top when the three boys turned away and yelled "Woah! No, no, no!"

"Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." The three panic, faced the other way.

Y/n stopped her and took her hand "Not in front of these weirdos. Come over here." Y/n picked up the clothes and took her to the bathroom in the basement "In here, okay?" She hands her the clothes and she walks in. Y/n goes to close the door, but the girl stops her "You don't want it closed?" She asked.

"No." The girl replied.

Y/n smiled "Oh, so you can speak. That's good." The girl smiled slightly "Well, how about we just keep the door..." Y/n started to close it, but left it ajar "...just like this? Is that better?"

The girl nods "Yes."

Y/n nods "Cool."

She then walked back to the kids, who were still shook, as she took off her coat snd putting it on the table "Well, she spoke."

"She said 'yes' and 'no'. Mike's three year old sister can say more than that." Lucas commented.

"She tried to get naked." Dustin said, still shocked.

Lucas then said "There is something wrong with her. Like, wrong in the head."

"She just went like..." Dustin said as he did an example of her lifting the shirt up, his hat falling off his head as he did.