Section 10:-Trials and Tribulations

As the lecture concluded, Alex mustered the courage to approach Jenna, his heart pounding with apprehension.

"Jenna," he murmured, his voice tinged with sincerity. But she did not notice him. He suddenly grabbed her hands and pulled her.

She took off her earphones and turned around.

"Jenna" He murmured.

"What do you want?" She asked nonchalantly while looking at her phone.

"I-

"If you're here to pursue me, then I must say that I don't have time for you" She said with an annoyed look and tried to release his grasp from her hand.

"Huh? Miss dumb head, I am not here to pursue you, I just want to apologize for the library incident" He said.

"How dare you call me dumb head you idiot?" She asked , as If to annoy Alex, but in turn, he smirked and patted her hair. Her scent made him addicted.

" I'm sorry for not helping you and I'm sorry for being rude that day. I'm extremely sorry" He replied, with every words stunning her deeply.

"Okay okay... I actually had an interview at a company, And that was my project and my resume. That's why I reacted that way..."

"Oh, I'm sorry , and did you get selected?" He asked.

"Yeah I did... I'm gonna be working there after graduation" She replied.

"Oh, congrats! Umm... May I know which company that you're gonna work for?" He asked.

"It's actually a space station, the Cosmic Frontier..." She said and he was beyond shock. It was his dream space station.

"Really? I also applied there..."

"Are you from my department?" She asked.

"I'm from your class" He corrected.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I uh don't pay much attention to my surroundings" She said and he chuckled.

"If you be my friend, then I'll accept your apology, Also I'm not as bad as you think, I know some mysterious theories about physics..." He smiled and came closer. Unknowingly her heart started fluttering.

"S-Sure..." She said, but suddenly got Interested. "Did you mention theories? I have a lot to share too! Gosh... Finally! I found a friend who can actually understand me!"

"Oh that's great, I'm pleased to be your friend too Jenna!"

"Me too!" She exclaimed and started talking about the theories and her interpretations, which Impressed Alex.

They walked together, each step embarking their new friendship.

***********Present***********

Jenna approached the aliens with deliberate caution.

"What are you doing?" Alex whispered.

 "Shut up" She said and  pressed on, her determination unwavering. With a swift and calculated move, she struck one of the aliens, eliciting a startled response from the group. Before Alex could react, they found themselves bound and at the mercy of their captors.

Jenna's actions had left Dr. Maia bewildered, her voice tinged with concern as she sought an explanation amidst their dire circumstances.

"Why'd you do that?" Dr. Maia's inquiry hung in the air, her eyes searching Jenna's for answers even as their captors secured them tightly.

"Coz, we need to meet the leader and get back to earth. Everything here is so advanced. So I'm damn sure that we could find way back" She whispered.

" But, We have other ways to do that?" Alex whispered back.

"What kind of ways, Sir?" She asked.

"Communicating with them for instance" He said, looking annoyed.

"So now, you're predicting that you know their gibberish language? Are you a human or do you belong to their group or tribe or whatever nonsense they call themselves" She asked.

"Well, we could give it a shot. They might understand our language..." He whispered, while the aliens dragged them by the chain.

"HEY YOU! GOLD HEAD DONKEY! LOOK HERE, YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE A BIG FREAKING DUMB ASSHOLE" She shouted.

"KEISNAKE" The alien shouted back.

"Why'd you shout?" Alex asked, looking startled. 

"Keisnake" She said mockingly and it annoyed Alex even more.

"Keisnake, is that a new breed of snake or something?" Dr.Maia asked Jenna

"Ask Mr. Know it all! He could understand them right?" She scoffed.

"Dr.Maia, Tell Miss Dumb Head to shut her mouth" Alex glared at Jenna.

"How dare you call me a dumb head-

" Oh shut up you both" Dr Maia sighed.

"KEISNAKE" The alien shouted again and three of them facepalmed themselves. "Oh god... When will I see the leader?" Jenna Whispered and flinched as the aliens pushed them forward. 

With their fate now in the hands of the alien tribe, Jenna, Alex, and Dr. Maia braced themselves for the encounter with the tribe's leader. As they were ushered through the alien settlement, anticipation mingled with apprehension, their minds racing with questions about what lay ahead.

The atmosphere was tense as they approached the central dwelling, where the leader awaited them. With each step, the weight of their situation bore down on them, their hearts pounding in anticipation of what was to come.

As they entered the presence of the tribe's leader, a sense of solemnity settled over them. The leader, adorned in ceremonial attire, regarded them with a mixture of curiosity and authority, his presence commanding respect.

Jenna, Alex, and Dr. Maia exchanged wary glances, their resolve steeling them for whatever negotiations or judgments awaited them. With bated breath, they awaited the leader's decree, knowing that their fate hung in the balance.