Chapter 6 (Phuwin)

Phuwin stuck his head in the freezer to forcefully cool himself down. Just a kiss?! How the hell was that just a kiss? He holds his hand to his lips, his breathing finally normal. His heart was beating like crazy. He inhales very deeply and closes the freezer.

He opens the fridge and grabs some drinks for Pond and himself, returning to the couch. He stopped short, though, when he saw Pond. It was the cutest sight he'd ever seen. Pond was sitting on the sofa, sweater paws, hugging a cushion and smiling the softest smile with his cheeks bulging.

He's so cute! Pond looked like he was off in his own world, so Phuwin carefully put the drinks into the crook of his arm and pulled out his phone from his pants pocket. He quietly snapped several photos, but Pond heard the shutter on the final snap and looked at Phuwin. He smiled awkwardly and handed Pond his drink.

When he sat down on the couch, he made sure to put some distance between them. This caused Pond to frown.

"What are you doing?"

"I just thought you'd want some space."

"Come here." Pond tugs his arm, pulling him closer. "You like snuggling, don't you?" Phuwin nodded, "Then snuggle." Pond lays on the sofa, bringing his legs up behind Phuwin, holding his arms out, and inviting him in. Phuwin bites the edge of his lip but mentally throws caution to the wind. He lays down in Pond's arms, legs on the couch. "Your sofa is too small."

"We're just too tall," Phuwin counters. Pond's arm securely wraps around his waist and pulls him back against his chest. Phuwin wills his raging heartbeat to calm down. They're just cuddling. What's his heart getting all excited about?

He can't see anything behind him, so he jumps a little when he feels Pond's sharp nose brush the outside of his ear as he tightens his hold on Phuwin.

"You okay?" he whispers. His voice is deep, low, and right in Phuwin's ear, making his toes curl. Phuwin does not trust his voice to come out normal, so he nods. "You're not uncomfortable?" he shakes his head, putting his arm over Pond's and lacing their fingers together. He feels Pond smile into the skin behind his ear.

He must be blushing red by now. His ears probably look like beacons. Neither of them was interested in whatever movie Pond had put in. Or at least Phuwin wasn't. He was in his own world and as the time dragged past, an hour, two hours. Phuwin was starting to get sleepy, his eyes drooping.

"Phuwin..." Pond's voice is quiet like he's scared of disturbing the ghost in the next room.

"Yeah?"

"Are you tired?"

Phuwin shakes his head, "No." He pulls Pond's arm higher to his chest. "Are you?"

"No..." they fall back into silence before Pond breaks it again. "Phuwin?"

This time, Phuwin turns his head back to see Pond. He receives a peck on the cheek for his troubles.

"What's wrong?" Phuwin giggles lightly.

"Just wanted to kiss you."

"You wanted to kiss my cheek?" his words were daring. Pond frees his hand and pulls back on Phuwin's waist, coaxing him to roll onto his back. Phuwin's breath stuttered as Pond leaned in closer, stopping for a second when Pond kissed his nose, a silly smile on his face. His nose scrunched as a reaction, and Pond calls him cute, tapping his nose and making it twitch.

Pond stops teasing him and properly leans down, pressing his lips to Phuwin's. Phuwin's lips part slightly, and Pond starts lightly sucking on them as his big hand gently holds his jaw. Phuwin, on the other hand, doesn't know what to do with his hands. He doesn't want to send the wrong signal but also wants his hands in Pond's hair, to pull him down and deepen the kiss. But it's too fast, too soon.