Saving Time

Mordecai and Rigby are walking into their room. "So he thinks the doctor can sew it back on?" Rigby asked. "Yeah, Muscle Man thinks so. He said it happened to his brother, too." Mordecai said, and Rigby whistles. "Man, he's lucky." He said. "Tell me about it. Anyway, it's getting pretty late; I'm gonna call it." Mordecai turns around, pulling back the blankets. A soda is heard being opened, and he turns to see Rigby drinking it. "Are you seriously drinking a soda right now?" Mordecai asked, and Rigby burps.

"Yeah, you want one?" He asked. "Dude, what? We'll be up all night and we have to work tomorrow." Mordecai said. "Nah, don't you watch the news? It's Daylight Savings tonight." Rigby said. "So?" Mordecai asked. "So, the clocks get set back an hour and we get to sleep in tomorrow morning!" Rigby said. "Oh, yeah. Well, in that case: Soda me, broda me!" Rigby throws him a soda. "WHOO! Have a ball, baby. Let the party begin, it's Daylight Savings when we get to sleep in!" They open their sodas, spraying each other. The next morning, Mordecai and Rigby are walking to their designated area.

Mordecai yawns. "Dude, I feel so rested." He said. "Me, too. Man, I wish every day was daylight savings." They walk to the house where a meeting is taking place. "Well, look who decided to show up. An hour late." Mordecai and Rigby laugh. "They don't know. I guess you guys haven't heard of a little something called Daylight Savings." The others don't say anything. "Haha, yeah. Technically, you guys showed up an hour early." Rigby laughs. "Technically, Daylight Savings isn't until tonight." Y/N corrected, and Thomas snickers. "Really? Huh." Rigby said. "Oops." Mordecai said. "Whatever, dude; it's just an hour." Rigby said.

"Oh, is it? Well, I guess you won't care that it's an hour you aren't getting paid for." Benson said. "Aw, what?" The duo asked, this time Y/N snickers. "C'mon Benson, what's the big deal?" Mordecai asked. "Being on time is the big deal. This is a business we're trying to run. If everyone showed up late like you two, this whole park would fall apart." Benson said. "He has a good point, guys." Y/N said. "It was an honest mistake, Y/N. It's not like you or Benson have never been late to work." Mordecai said. "I haven't." Y/N said. "And I haven't either. Because, unlike you two, I take my job seriously. And since you're having so much trouble keeping track of time, you can be in charge of setting the clocks back for the realdaylight savings time." Benson said. "Ugh, fine. Come on Rigby, let's get this over with." They begin to walk off.

"Hold it, not yet. You're gonna do it when the rest of the world does it: at two in the morning." Benson said. "What? That doesn't even make any sense. What does it matter if everyone's on the same time?" Mordecai asked. "Yeah, what difference does it make?" Rigby asked. "Are you seriously making me defend the right time? You either set the park clocks back at two in the morning like everyone else, or you're fired!" Later that night, Mordecai and Rigby are playing video games. "Dude, what time is it?" Mordecai asked. "It's 10 o' clock. That's like 4 more hours!" They drink soda. "I still can't believe Benson is making us wait until 2 to set the clocks back." Mordecai said. "I know! How does it even matter if the clocks are set to exactly the right time?" Rigby asked. "It doesn't! He acts like he'd be able to tell if the clocks were a little off! He wouldn't be able to tell." Mordecai said.

"He totally wouldn't be able to tell!" They drink more soda. "You know what, though? Technically we agreed to set all the clocks at the same time... but we didn't say anything about setting the clocks at the right time." Rigby said. "What are you thinking?" Mordecai asked. "How about we do what Benson says and set all the clocks back for Daylight Savings, but first, we set every clock in the park to the same wrong time, just to show Benson and everybody else that it doesn't even matter?" Rigby asked. "And then we'll come up to Benson in the middle of the day tomorrow and be like, "Hey Benson, all the clocks are wrong. You had no idea, did you?" Mordecai imitated. "I can't wait to see the look on his face when we tell him!" Rigby said. "Man, this is gonna be awesome!" Mordecai said. "WHOOO!" Rigby sprays Mordecai's face with soda. "Daylight Savings!" He shouted. "Aw, come on, dude! I gotta wash my face, now!" Mordecai said angrily. The duo start to change all of the clocks in the park.