Part Four

Six months had passed since the residents of the Azura Inn and their landlord had last seen Sasuke and Ino.

Sakura, seeing that her revenge against both of them was complete, continued her studies at the University of Tokyo under Hitomi's tutelage. In those six months, everyone's lives at the Azura Inn have changed.

Mitsumo had graduated from high school and was currently attending cram school, deciding to attend the University of Tokyo following the Matsushiro training hall becoming a Japanese landmark and national treasure by the Japanese government. Izumi resumed teaching classes in a new training hall, having reached a compromise with his younger brother. Both Kobayashi brothers will become joint owners of the Matsushiro Samurai School. Mitsumo, having taking an interest in law following a school project, decided to pursue a law degree, as well as a second degree in physical education.

Ichiro started his freshman year at Toyo University and made several new friends. He had gotten over his crush on Sakura, having seen her in a new light following the now-infamous birthday incident. The chef of the Azura Inn sees the landlord as a sister, rather than a love interest. Kurama and Alex were both in middle school, with the Mobian prince being one grade ahead of Alex. Kurama continued to make his inventions, but seeing as how Sakura was stuck with the repair bills, used his more-destructive inventions at an unknown location, rather than the Azura Inn.

Koki and Kazuya were now the co-owners of the Azura Cafe, following Naomi's marriage to Hitomi. Koki's first novel was a hit and he also worked as a freelance writer for several newspapers in the area. Surprisingly, the fox had toned down on his drinking and gambling. Speaking of the aformentioned uncle, Naomi Haruno was with his wife on their honeymoon in Mexico, not to mention checking out some old ruins in the forest, reigniting Naomi's passion for archaeology.

Syaoran had returned to Kizashi and resumed his world tourn with his stepfather, letting him know what had happened at the dorm. Kizashi was upset over Sasuke's actions, but applauded Sakura for finally growing a spine and dealing with Sasuke's adultery like a woman, and then some. As for Kazuya, he and Sakura had gotten closer as friends. But the Shikoku native knew that it would only be a matter of time before he would ensnare Sakura.

For most Japanese people, Kabukicho is a well-known entertainment and red-light district in Shinjuku. Home to many hostess bars, host bars, love hotels, shops, restaurants, and nightclubs, it is often called the "Sleepless Town."  The district's name comes from the late 1940s plans to build a kabuki theater, and although the theater was never built, the name stuck.

It was also the location where Sasuke Uchiha and Ino Yamanaka were hiding and had been for the past six months.

Sasuke had managed to get a job working at the local bookstore several blocks down from the apartment that he shared with Ino. The manager, Kimihiro Watanuki, was nice enough to give Sasuke the job, even though Sasuke knew he could make more work at one of the restauants or host clubs. But his hand was still recovering from the incident at the University of Tokyo and will still be recovering for a long time.

Ino had managed to get a job working at a business firm under an alias. She had worked hard to the point that her bosses noticed her dedication and promoted her. However, she was to spend a year overseas at their Oceanic office in the South Pacific, leaving Sasuke behind. She did, however, continued to support him by sending him money to pay for the rent and other bills.

Only this time, she didn't send any. This worried Sasuke to no end, and it was that time of the month when Ino's friend - the landlord - was demanding the rent.

It was late when Sasuke returned from his job at the bookstore. Watanuki needed help in closing up, something which Sasuke was nice enough to help out with. After leaving the bookstore, Sasuke returned to the apartment that he shared with Ino.