[CH11] CHAPTER 49

<<Lord Lanzors, the imposing ruler of Galehold, was a prodigy of his tribe and a member of the prestigious Lanzors family.
At just thirty years old, he had already ascended to the pinnacle of Galocian power, achieving the highly coveted Pillar realm. He was the only Galocian to have attained this level of power, hence he was responsible for the safety and well-being of his people.
Despite being in his mid-nineties, Lord retained an air of power and vitality, looking much younger than his age. He had already secured the future of his tribe by grooming his successor, his great-granddaughter, Celia Lanzors, to inherit his position as the future ruler of Galehold.>>

Grail's eyes blazed with hatred and anger as he faced Lord, his former mentor and the one who banished him to the Outlands.

<<Grail had once been a prized pupil of Lord's, destined to be his successor as ruler of Galehold. But his dark tendencies proved too great a risk, and Lord was forced to cast him out. Since then, the savage wind had been plotting his revenge, honing his skills, and building his power until he was strong enough to face his former mentor and the entire Symphony of Dawn.>>

Despite harboring resentment toward Lord, Grail was taken aback by the unexpected encounter. He had assumed that the Galehold ruler would be attending the conference meeting in Central Continental City and not present in Galehold.

As if knowing what the savage wind had in his thoughts, Lord replied to him with a sneer.

LORD: "Wondering why I'm not in Central Continental, is it? It's simple! I made my son attend on my behalf. An old man like me has no reason to be involved in such trivials, don't you agree?
"Moreover, do you think that bumping into me within this temple was a mere coincidence? I anticipated your return to the Symphony of Dawn and even orchestrated for backups from the other tribes.
"Soon, you'd be finished, Grail Savage! Your fate had already been sealed the moment you stepped into Galehold City!"

GRAIL: "[Suddenly bursts out dark laughter.] Hehe-hahaha! In that case old man, you've actually saved me the effort of killing you later. You all will die here and none shall escape!
"As for your damned backups, I will be waiting for them once I'm through with you. I'll make sure to as well send them to the very depths of oblivion," Grail responded with murder in his eyes.

LORD: "Humph! You are delusional. How do you intend to take on us all alone? You may have attained the power of a wind master through your perverted means but you should know that I am the acknowledged master of wind. You cannot even hope to trounce me!"

GRAIL: "There will be nothing left of you, once your so-called backup arrives. I may have felt more threatened if you were younger and agile just as then, but right now, I am confident of my triumph, seeing how old and weak you've become!" Grail mocked his ex-mentor.

LORDE: "Hah! Still as arrogant as ever! - however, that arrogance will be your end, Grail Savage!
"Destro Bevulker! Cara Tonia!! Take down this psychopathic maniac!" Lord commanded the two Galocians standing beside him.

<<Cara Tonia, a female Galocian, and Destro Bevulker, a male Galocian were both superhumans at the late stage of the saint realm's hierarchy. Being amongst the remarkable geniuses of Galehold, and exhibiting upright personalities, the two windcallers were entrusted by Lanzors into safeguarding the sacred stone alongside the Galocian monks.>>

Heeding to Lord's command, Cara and Destro immediately sprang into action, charging toward Grail with ferocious intensity, determined to protect the sacred stone at all costs. Meanwhile, Lord deftly removed the floating stone from the pillar, observing Grail's reaction carefully. The sight of Grail's covetous gaze confirmed Lord's suspicion that the former intended to steal the precious artifact.