chapter 2

Ellyse

..

Now only one day is left for my birthday Van is returning back Delhi today from his parents' house for my birthday. But I cannot say that am any excited about his returning as him being always available for me penetrates my soul more and more every time. yes, I do love him now and I did love him in past but there is a lot of difference in then and now. I am not being tough for him as I can still accept him with all my heart and souls as I did in past, but it is my fear that is resisting me to accept him like I did previously. one and a half year ago I think I was again getting excited about my life, about birthdays and about everything I had because my everything was van. he was my pride, love, world, and the only family I had. We were really having a beautiful relationship and finally I can say that all my fantasies were turning into realty. I can proudly say that I was the luckiest woman in the entire world to have him. until one day I found out he was cheating on me, or he was cheating on me three four months before I find out.

So, I and Van met three years ago in a wedding ceremony of one of our common relatives. I was fifteen and he was eighteen that time. I was sitting at the chair assigned for guests with one of my cousins and he was with one of our common family friend name Alan. All of a sudden Alan eye has fallen at me and he came to greet me as we shared a great bond when we were kids. he was a neighbor to me at my grandparent's village house and we played and grew up together. after greeting him and getting an introduction from his cousin van, we decided to stay up together for the whole ceremony at night. Alan was gazing at me when we were sitting together. He said, "you grew up very gorgeous young Elyse." and I hit him on his head being shy and confident at the same time. As planned, we stayed up whole night and had a lot of gossip together, we talked about our lives, our past and Future plannings. That night Ahh! I can never forget about that night as I was totally impressed with Van's manners, cleverness, and his sweetness. He was really affable and amicable person. He was so impressive that I cannot stop myself thinking about him. There was something in his eyes that makes it more difficult for me to forget. He had fair and bright tone. He had quite long hair, he was tall and charming he had something in his voice that can attract all eyes at him. He was very caring to me. He literally took off my shoes from my legs because of my shoe bite and hold it for hours. He was the guy that every girls manifests at least once in their lives. I was totally obsessed with him.

During some points in our conversation, I saw my reflection in him he was too betrayed by his own people, broken but still good to others. His most of the opinions were same as mine. We had a lot of fun that whole night and finally the ceremony ended and it was time for us to leave. I was standing outside the wedding hall waiting for my grandparents to join me so that we can leave together. I was looking here and there thinking if I could see him one last time and all of the sudden, he appears to me and asked for my Instagram account he was very straight to his point. I was shocked and excited at the same time. I immediately gave him my id he followed me, and I followed him back at the same time. Then he greeted me with goodbye. I genuinely wanted to spend more time with him, but I know it was not possible. so, I leaved the place with my upset face.

For two days we haven't listened from him. although we posted some group pictures of our. Mentioned each other but didn't talk. I thought he ghosted me. Third night when I was alone in my room scrolling memes and laughing on insta. I suddenly got a notification from Alan. I immediately opened his text.

Alan: "Hii"

Ellyse: "Hey, wassup..?"

Alan: " everything is good. how are you btw"?

Ellyse: "gorgeous as always..."

Alan: "just needed to talk about something if you give your concern"

Ellyse: "from when you started asking my concern to ask something. well, you do have my concern go for it."

Alan: "remember Van my cousin you met that day"

Firstly, I was shocked listening van's name from Alan's. Did he read my mind that day did he learnt about the feelings I got about his cousin that day. Without thinking much, I proceeded our chat.

Ellyse: "yeah I do remember him. Why what happened?"

Alan: "from the day he met you he just cannot stop talking about you. I just don't get this what he saw in your that I couldn't figure in this many years. he is totally obsessed with you and really want to talk to you."

Ellyse: "then why didn't he texted me "

Alan: " because he is scared of your reaction even am sharing this all with you without his consent."

Ellen: " okay then 'll text him and ask him about his obsession"

Alan: " do it but don't tell him my name"

Ellyse: "fine. goodnight, Alan."

Alan: "goodnight, Ellyse."

I was literally shocked and had no words to express what I was feeling the guy with whom I was obsessed and impressed, is too obsessed with me and want to talk. without even thinking twice, I texted him.

Ellyse: "hey Van what's up...?"

he didn't reply to me that whole night and I kept on waiting for his text moving here and there on my bed. And finally, I slept with my phone fallen at my mouth.... I woke up in the morning and saw a notification of Van. I immediately opened his chats in the speed of a rocket.

Van: "hey sorry for my late reply I know you have been waiting for its entire night."

Why this man is so obsessed with himself. How he knows I have been waiting for his text.

Ellyse: "no that's fine I slept early yesterday."

Van: "I know Alan told you everything. And am too embarrassed to talk about it. just one question, are you free this evening...?

Ellyse: "yeah I think I am."

Van: "can we just have a meetup today in the park near your place? if you don't mind"

I remembered him mentioning his place near my apartment, earlier we had conversation that night.

Ellyse: "yeah we can as my grandparents will be home late today. how about 4:00pm this evening?"

Van: "okay fine meet you in the evening."

I liked his message and immediately ran toward my closet to decide what to wear for the meetup. I was overwhelmed. I never felt this excited to meet anyone in my entire life. I called Gavline and shared all the things that happened within these four days. She was too joyed to see me this happy she said, "I rarely see you this happy Ellyse am too very happy for you". I said " I know" I asked her opinion for which dress to wear today she suggested me to wear the black dress I have as I love black and become confident after wearing black. And I too wanted to wear the same black dress she asked me to wear. " She knows me very well than anyone ever did." I love talking to her as it escalates my confidence. We talked for almost one and half hour and then I ran toward washroom to take a quick shower as it was already 2:00pm. After taking shower I ate my lunch as I don't want my stomach sound making me embarrassed Infront of him. 

It was already 3:00pm and i have already got a text from Van.

Van: "Are you coming Ellyse?"

Ellyse: "Yeah, I am". 

I texted him back and put my dress on. I don't like makeups much all though, I love to get all the makeup essential products. So, I immediately put my makeup on. yeah, I can say now that am really looking gorgeous. it's true makeups enhances your beauty and boost your confidence if applied in right quantity. Finally, its half an hour left for our meetup. I took all the necessary things in my purse, locked the door and walked outside my apartment toward the park.