twenty-three

It's almost night and Beomgyu's walking Taehyun to the bus stop where they'll part ways. Taehyun, however, grabs the hem of the latter's shirt from behind and Beomgyu turns around to see Taehyun's eyes meeting his and the glow of the moon shines down onto the younger's smooth skin.

"Is something wrong?" Beomgyu asks, concerned as Taehyun wouldn't let go of him.

"There's a place I want to bring you to." Taehyun says.

Beomgyu's eyes flicker. "You're not trying to murder me, are you?"

Taehyun lightly slaps the older on the arm, earning a low laugh from Beomgyu. The brunette then links arms with the younger, just like how Taehyun always does to him and he sees Taehyun's cheeks burning up, even though the street lights were dim.

"Lead the way, dollface." Beomgyu smiles and Taehyun nods, walking and guiding Beomgyu.

And after a long walk, they ended up at a lighthouse. Beomgyu couldn't be more relief than ever to finally put down his shopping bags. Maybe he's gone overboard with the clothes but because Taehyun said he looks good on them, he mindlessly bought them.

The things Taehyun incinerates him.

"We can't enter the lighthouse, but let's sit on the rocks, it's near the sea." Taehyun says.

Beomgyu follows the younger's steps who's in front of him and the nearer he gets to the lighthouse, the louder the calming sound of the waves hit his ear drums. He encounters the lapis lazuli, azure waves that shimmers under the touch of the moonlight. Taehyun settles himself on a huge rock and Beomgyu joins him, sitting beside him.

"I always come here when I feel troubled. The sound of waves and the windy chill calms me." Taehyun says.

Beomgyu nods. "It's nice."

"Hyung. Tell me more about heubyeolghwi."

"What do you want to more?"

"Where's Wolgwang located at?"

"Oh-" Beomgyu rubs the back of his neck. "Somewhere at the outcast between South and North Korea. I really can't explain it myself because although it's easy for me to travel there since I was born there, some people find it hard to find where it is."

He then feels the ticklish sensation on his neck as Taehyun rests his head on his shoulders. He glances at the blonde and find him eyes closed but with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Hyung..." Taehyun calls out.

"Yes, dollface."

"Do you really want to kill my dad?"

Beomgyu feels a sharp pang struck to his chest as he hears the question roll off his tongue. Beomgyu remains silent, immersing himself at the thought of it while playing around with his shivering fingers from the chill of the night.

'Do I really want to kill him?' Beomgyu thought.

He hasn't thought much about it ever since he got to know Taehyun. He knows he has to kill Kang Junhee if he wants to take over the realm. And claiming that birth right of his has been the one and only thing he's set his goals and eyes on. But, for the first time in forever-

He's unsure.

His emotions are jumbled up as countless thoughts start clouding his mind. He used to be really passionate about killing Kang Junhee, proving to not only the realm, but to Uncle Choi and San that he is more than what he is. That he's the ruler everyone needs, and that he's strong enough to kill the one and only dark nemesis that has killed his parents.

He wants to avenge them.

Badly.

Beomgyu takes a glance at Taehyun who still has his head rested on his shoulder. His heart picks up its pace just by looking at him, admiring his features; his angled nose, smooth and slightly tanned skin, and his long lashes. He looks down to Taehyun's slender hands that he's gotten used to them wrapping around his arms.

He really can't explain these feeling he has developed for the younger these past two months and more.

'I can't' Beomgyu's subconscious echoes in his mind.

Beomgyu snaps out of his trance Taehyun shuffles in his position and speaking up again.

"I know you won't tell me but, when are you planning to strike?" Taehyun asks.

"What do you mean?" Beomgyu asks back.

"I mean, you want to kill my dad, right?"

Beomgyu remains silent, a lump forming in his throat. A tiny bit of him wants to say yes, a part of him wants to say he doesn't know but a larger part of him says no.

"Y'know I won't let you kill him, right?" Taehyun continues. "You'll have to kill me fir-"

"No." Beomgyu shakes his head. "I just, don't think I can anymore..."

"Why?"

Beomgyu swallows hard. Taehyun lifts his head from the older's shoulder and Beomgyu faces the blonde boy, locking his eyes onto the latter's hazel ones. Beomgyu takes a deep breath before gently speaking up.

"Because I met you."

As if on cue, the moon shines brighter, its light shining down onto Beomgyu, hitting him at all the right places. Taehyun feels his heart clench at what Beomgyu just said. With the peaceful silence and the whispers of the waves hitting the land, he's afraid his heart beat might be louder than it, and that Beomgyu could here it. His eyes rendered defencelessly towards Beomgyu's visuals. And his gaze that doesn't break away from Taehyun confirms it all.

That he's speaking the truth.

"Don't you need to go back to Wolgwang?" Taehyun asks, looking down.

"Wouldn't you feel lonely if I did?" Beomgyu questions back.

Taehyun scoffs. "I hate it when you're right."

"Taehyun-ah..." Beomgyu calls out. He clasps Taehyun's smaller hands in his. "If you ever feel lonely, just look up at the stars and you'll find me always looking out for you from up there."

Taehyun smiles and nods. "Araseo."

"Shall we go back?" Beomgyu smiles as he stands up, offering a hand to Taehyun which he gladly accepts it. Beomgyu pulls him up on his feet.

"Hyung, one more thing." Taehyun says.

"Hmm?" Beomgyu hums.

"Can you stay over tonight?" Taehyun asks, a heat wave creeping up to his ears. "I-I just need company." He says, words stuttering.

Beomgyu giggles. "Alright."

The two then jumped off the rocks and Beomgyu grabs the loads of shopping bags with him as the two walk their way to the bus stop, slowly ending up running after Taehyun checks the time, hoping they won't miss the last bus.

And gladly they didn't.

The two got onto the bus and make their way to the seats at the very end since there were no passengers riding with them. Beomgyu drops the shopping bags to the side and swiftly lands his head onto the younger's shoulder, snuggling in to make himself feel comfortable.

Taehyun doesn't mind it at all, instead he caresses the boy's hair.

"Hyung-" Taehyun calls out.

"Hmm?" Beomgyu hums as his eyelids slowly drop close.

"You might not actually be my guardian Angel, but you're always there for me. Thank you, hyung. I appreciate it." Taehyun says, however he's answered with the sound of soft snores.

He eyes shift to the side and he finds Beomgyu sleeping peaceful and soundly.

Taehyun smiles softly as his heart starts palpitating again. Repeating questions start running through his mind as he looks out the window;

'How do I feel about him?'