01

He felt like he was sinking into a deep void and unable to utter anything.

His eyes were twitching & face slightly trembling. Sweat forming in his forehead near hairline.

' Allah, ' a meek sound came from his mouth, and he suddenly woke up. He ran a hand over his forehead to wipe away the sweat.

Turning to the other side of the bed , he found it empty.

'Allahu akbar Allahu akbar '
(Allah is Greatest ,Allah is Greatest)

Azaan was taking place. He took his phone and it showed 4:32 am.

Maybe the second call to prayer was taking place, he thought.

Then he got up from bed and went to perform wazu. Chill breeze hit his skin as he came out doing wazu and heard birds chirping. It was the 'season of mists & mellow fruitfulness' Autumn 🍂 there, in the UK.

It was his old habit to do Sajdah after every farz prayer.

He felt a different kind of relief. He was offering fajr prayer after quite a long time.

He was still in prostration without uttering anything. Just being close to his Lord.

Relieving stress & calming the heart

He sighed and got up from the prostration. Folding the prayer mat, he kept it in its place.

He took the quran mentally, determining he would not let his nafs win against him. He was definitely trying, but this battle is not that easy.

Ayaan ali afzal, a 24 year old charming young man who is currently living in Bristol, a beautiful & vibrant city in the UK for his further studies. Being the eldest child , he is calm yet has an authoritative aura of his own.

⎯⎯

The sunlight already kicked in with its gentle, warm touch. The smell of falling leaves and raindrops filled the air.

Sitting by the window with his coffee in hand, he saw faiz coming.

Faiz closed the door and put the umbrella in his hand in the basket, and saw Ayaan getting up from the bed.

“Hey, morning! ”Faiz greeted him with a smile.

“Morning ”Ayaan responded in the same way , smiling, and placed the coffee mug on the table while his gaze went to the umbrella in the basket .

“It's a nice umbrella, ”he remarked , mischief dripping from his eyes as it was a bit girly.

The group in which Faiz was in went to Andrews' house yesterday to work on their current presentation.

“Andrew's mother insisted that I should not go without an umbrella, and she got this only ,” he said, keeping his bag on chair.

A laugh came out of ayaan's mouth while looking at Faiz. Faiz huffed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“yaar don't laugh.People were already giving me strage looks in the streets. ”he said.

“accha ok .. Is the presentation ready?” he asked, controlling his chuckle.
“It's almost ready, ”faiz replied.

Meanwhile, Ayaan phone started ringing. It was his mother who video called him.He received the call, and Nowrin, his mother, exchanged pleasantries with both of them.

“You didn't go back to sleep?” ayaan asked.
“Yes I'll go in some time, ”come reply from the other side of the screen.

The mother son duo talked for a long time whereas someone else's heart was feeling a volume of emotions.

While having dinner, Ayaan asked, “ you're free tomorrow, right?”

“ Yes .. why ?”

“ Then you're coming with me in my aunt's house ”

Seeing his confused face, he elaborated that one of his mother's cousins lives in a nearby city . And Nowrin at last convinced him to pay a visit there.

Desi moms !

Eventually, faiz agreed.

When they finished their & about to go to bed , Ayaan called faiz while he hummed.

“But whatever happens, wake me up today at Fajr time.” Faiz smiled saying okay.

Faiz knew he would set alarm but didn't wake up always.He would wake him up, but then saying 'hmm I am getting up' he would go into deep slumber.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Sometimes, we become so engrossed in the world that we lose ourselves. 》

Instagram @wardaaa701