|1|Paper Rings|

Now playing
Paper rings- Taylor Swift
"I want to drive away with you"

——————————————————

"Psst!"

I look up to check to see if the teacher is anywhere, then look at my friend, ponyboy

"What?"

".... What'd you get for number two?"

I give him a blank stare then look down at my paper... b? I look back up at him "uhh.. B" I whisper

"Okay good, same" he nods and turns away from me right as the teacher walks by us, not suspecting a thing

"Alright class! Time to go over the practice quiz." The teacher announces as the walks up to the board and begins writing on it.

"What'd we get for number 1?" She looks around the room before finally picking this random kid in the corner, Tom. He's around 5'7" with brown hair, my mom once wanted me to go out with him. I had to fake sick that whole week.

"A?" He answers, The teacher nods writes down why it would be correct.

"Alright now who wants to do number 2?" She looks around the class, I decided to put my hand up, confident enough that I have it since me and Pony have the same one. She looks at me and calls on me.

"Marley, what do you think it is?"

"B."

"Okay! It's not my fault! The answer was B!" Pony tries to reason, we walked out of english class and head towards the cafeteria.

"She was wrong but it's still so embarrassing for me" I groan as we walk towards the lunch line, turns out we know more than our English teacher

"Okay well- she literally said the correct answer was their! Not they're?! She's insane"

"I know!! The sentence was literally "they're running away" running is not a possession?!" I complain as I grab a sandwich off a tray, and continue down the lunch line

"Exactly!"

We walk over to our table, we're usually the first people there considering our other friends get to lunch late, usually we sit with Liam and John.

Liam has been my friend ever since I was young, we were neighbors and just grew up with each other.

John on the other hand, I met him in 6th grade during a science project, turns out we had a lot in common.

"Hey Mars?" I look up at pony and furrow my eyebrows, waiting for him to finish

"When are you go-"

"I'm busy today" I cut him off, already knowing he was gonna ask me to meet his friends... and I would... if they weren't all guys.

That sounds weird, considering my friends are guys, but my friends aren't like.. well... scary? I don't know the right words, older guys just make me uncomfortable most of the time.