Echoes of heartbteak 💔

In my dream, I could hear the scream of my name, "Maya, Maya," but funnily enough, this was a familiar voice. I rolled over, cuddling the duvet, struggling to get out of bed. Then the voice became more genuine. I woke up, slowly opening my eyelids, blinking a few times to fix my gaze, and met my fiancé, Drey, looking all nice and dressed up.

"Oh Drey," I greeted as I smiled from ear to ear. "I'm off to work, bae," he said, picking up his suitcase. "Won't you have breakfast first?" "Nah, I've got an appointment I have to attend to, don't miss me much," he insisted. "Alright then," I stood up to give him a peck, then we cuddled for minutes. "I love you," I stated, and he smiled back. "Bae, you don't want me to miss this appointment, do you?" "Oh no, of course," I released him and adjusted his suit. "Good luck," I waved as he left. Drey is someone I really love, he has a heart of gold and he is really sweet to be around with. On a normal day, I don't sleep over at a guy's place, but Drey is just different. Just then I noticed I've been standing, and thinking of him, I went upstairs to freshen up, had breakfast, and also stepped out for my daily hustle.

Out on the streets of Michigan Avenue in my car, listening to my favorite hit as I was bombarded with all the sweet sweet aroma of foods coming from restaurant on both sides, I saw the resemblance of my fiancé cuddling and kissing another lady outside a restaurant. "Drey?" I called out in uncertainty. He scanned around to spot where the voice came from and then he spotted me and was startled and pushed away his lady, he sure wasn't expecting me to take that route to my spa.

I couldn't bear it. I did not expect this from Drey. My head kept banging as the horns of the cars around became louder, my hands began to shiver, and my eyes became teary. I didn't know what to do, so I dashed off to my place, shut the door lock, and fell onto my couch. Tears started to run down my face in dismay. I felt very bittered and devastated. Rain started too, pounding against my window, echoing the tumult in my heart. I felt very sad and weak on my knees, struggling to get up from where I was seated.

Finally, my gaze fell upon Drey's picture, which I hung on my wall. As I reached for it, the tears became uncontrollable. I took it off the wall and sat down at the clustered table, where a photo album containing all my exes' pictures lay. Each image brought fresh heartache as I remembered the promises they all made to me. Flipping through the pages, recalling the best times I had with them and when they betrayed me, my heart weighed heavy. Adding Drey's picture to the empty page, I wept bitterly, overwhelmed by a torrent of emotions, realizing I had lost yet another man.

**Story begins:**

Well, out of this trauma, I am Maya Flare, a Spa owner, one of the most influential women in Chicago. Despite my success, the scars of past relationships still haunt me, a reminder of the pain and betrayal I've endured over the years.

It was a new day, and I woke still trying to wiggle myself out of the duvet as brightly shined rays of light came into my room from the sun. I stood up to close the blinds to keep out the intrusive rays, feeling all groovy and happy. I walked out of my room feeling 'Princessy', though I couldn't pinpoint the exact reason for my joy. Regardless, I embraced it wholeheartedly, completing my morning routine before heading off to work.

My spa is the biggest in Chicago, and I have my friends helping me to run it. As I arrived, they greeted me with enthusiasm. "Yo, Breezy!" they called out, to which I replied with a playful grin, "I'm feeling like a total boss babe!" Amidst the banter, Harper teased, "So what's up, girly? Who's the lucky guy?" I brushed off the question casually "C'mon Harpe, you know I'm off that". Just as I went to sit, the door opened, and a stud walked in, captivating my attention immediately and gosh is he a beauty and I couldn't help but keep staring......

----------------------------

Chapter two coming soon
Please your vote, comment and follow means the world 🥹