Love's Resurgence ❤️‍🔥

On an afternoon I thought I could make the best of, then I saw my ex.

"Drey?"

"Babe, it's not what you think," he says, stepping forward. I retreated slowly, leaving the door open. Then he walked in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with anger multiplying inside me. He walks closer to me, so close that I could tell he had been drinking.

"Bae, I love you," he said. I looked at him in disgust. "Bae, I know you're mad about what you saw the other day, but I'm sorry," he tries to wrap me around his huge chest.

I stepped away. "Drey, get out of my house," I said with an aura of authority.

"Maya, please, I love you."

"You don't!"

I cut in, my voice echoing so loudly that even people three houses away would surely hear me. Tears ran down my face.

It reminded me of the countless times Drey had promised me the world, only to shatter my heart into a million pieces. He is a product of the fifth dating app I've tried, and the site alogrithm matched us 99% compatible and I agreed but now time has passed, cracks started to form, revealing Drey's true nature. He was charming, yes, but I can not take cheating, I just can't.

"I couldn't believe something like this would happen between me and Drey. Amidst the annoyance, I tried not to admire his face, but I couldn't help myself. My heart is just too forgiving"

"Get out!"

I shouted again, but this time my voice was riddled with shivers accompanying my tears. He sees my distress and wraps his arms around me, offering comfort. I kept crying as he wrapped his hand around me, resting my head on his chest.

"Drey, you don't love me," I stated with extreme bitterness.

"I do," he insists. Then I gathered strength to get off his sweet cuddles and said, "I'm just like the other girls, right?"

He doesn't seem to understand this, so he kept mute.

"I am just another side chick, one of the ladies you go around with, have fun with, but you don't truly love," I stated.

"It's not what you think," he protest weakly.

"You can't dictate what I  think, I saw you!" Now my voice grows louder with each word.

With enough courage, I commanded "Drey! get out".

He hesitates, but the seriousness in my eyes prompts him to leave, fidgeting as he goes.

Feeling proud of my actions, I wiped away my tears and strode forward like a boss. Then, a thought about my newfound lover crossed my heart then smiles flooded my face.

I ran back to my bed, checking to see if he had called, but there was no notification. A bit of sadness crept in; I wanted the honor of calling, but it felt like giving in too easily. Plus, a bit of suspense never hurt anyone.

I stood up to make an omelette, then my phone rang.