SFW; Risen

The spring sun beamed down on the Eliksni Quarter, nary a cloud overhead. Eve could be found in her house, watching the last Iron Banner match of the season, a cup of tea in her hands. She took a sip as Nolan fluttered in from an open window, letting out a chuckle.

Nolan; "Evelyn, Chief of Security taking a day off? Who are you and what have you done with the real Evelyn?"

Eve giggled and set her teacup down on the coffee table ahead of her.

Eve; "It's been a busy couple months... Figured I'd take advantage while it's finally quieting down."

Nolan chuckled and fluttered over to the other side of the couch, about to watch the match with her when the screen started to get staticky and distorted. Eve sighed and attempted to change the channel, but it was the same way.

Eve; "Hmm... Don't think Saladin would just cut off the channel like that..."

Nolans cyclopic eye then went wide, and his shell trembled, prompting Eve to clutch him gently in one of her hands.

Eve; "What's wrong?"

Nolan; "I feel... Pressure; like my core is in a vice. I haven't felt that since..."

Nolans sentence drifted off, and Eve finished for him.

Eve; "The Typhon Imperator."

The air raid sirens then went off; the very same ones that signaled the coming of the Red Legion so long ago. Evelyn stood and ran for the window, looking out to see a Pyramid ship lazily drift over the mountain range, its aft beginning to swarm with the release of House Salvation skiffs and Tombships of Xivu Araths brood. Eve looked back to Nolan with a grim expression as the screech of Hive thrall was heard outside.

Eve; "You can go take shelter, I know you don't like being around Darkness."

Nolan shook his shell, as if to say no.

Nolan; "I left you when you needed me most during the Red War; never again."
.
Eve nodded with a smile, holding out a hand for Nolan to disappear into, her armor transmatting over her shortly after, along with her machine gun in hand. Immediately, she kicked open her door to see Hive running down the streets of the Eliksni quarter. She thumbed the safety off and unleashed a maelstrom of bullets at the sprinting Thrall. Despite the hail of metal, the Thrall kept running towards her, one of them even daring to take a swipe, which Eve swiftly dodged.

Evelyn then grabbed the Thrall by the neck and pushed it to overflowing with volatile Void Light, throwing it back to the crowd and exploding it in a violent Void eruption. She tensed her jaw as she watched a Tombship behind the lines fire upon the streets, some of the dark Void bolts striking her house, making a large portion of it crumble. Her breathing picked up, briefly clutching a free hand to her chest and flicking her wrist, shedding the Void Light in favor of Stasis crystals sprouting all the way up to her elbows.

Eve; "Nolan, tell Penny and Vestige to fall back and evacuate the hospital, and get Joan and Fracture to lock down the breaches!"

Eve threw down a Glacier grenade and blocked off the street as she ran the other direction, Eliksni leaving the buildings on either side of her in a panic and going with her to the hospital. Once there, she saw both Pennys skiff and Vestiges ship fly in overhead. Penny transmatted down to the hospital roof and used her Splicer gauntlet to open a Vex portal that led to the Farm in the EDZ, while Vestige transmatted the belongings of the Eliksni evacuees onto his ship and took off in the direction of the EDZ as well.

Evelyn, meanwhile, mounted her machine gun on her back, her hands still freezing over with Stasis crystals and plasma as she sent a spear of dark ice towards an apporaching tombship. The spike ran through the ship, causing an explosion of Soulfire and sending it careening down onto a stampede of Thrall and Acolytes.
.
As the Hive army began to shrink, House Salvation skiffs flew down to either end of the road, deploying scores of Fallen, along with a Stasis baronness. With a growl under her breath, Eve produced the Fighting Lion, firing a shot at the Baronness and making her stagger backwards, then tossing the weapon aside in favor of her shotgun, firing at the oncoming Dregs and Marauders with blades in hand.