Chapter 1

Nicola was always told she was naive. That she had to grow up or she was going to be stepped on by others. She was to kind and trusting.  

When she met Marcello. He was someone she trusted. He always bought her things all the time.

If she happened to like a candy, he'd have them for her. He saw her looking at a dress to long? It was in her closet within the week. She liked a book series? He made sure she kept getting the newest book in the series each time it came out.

She had quickly fallen for his charm, and they started a relationship. He was her first for everything. First kiss, first boyfriend, she even gave him her virginity. 

He loved her so much as well. He really did. He couldn't imagine a life without her. Everything was perfect between them. They even talked about having kids together in the future. 

She knew his job working for his uncle was tough and stressful. She didn't really know exactly what he did for his uncle. He only told her that his uncle owned different buildings and restaurants.

She offered to do things for him to help ease things. She would take boxes to different restaurants and clubs. She had been told it was supplies the places needed. She was proud of herself because she felt she was being a good future wife. She didn't ever look inside the boxes. 

She trusted Marcello, so she believed him with everything he said to her. She trusted him. To naive. Just as she was told she was her entire life. 

She just wished she could go back now.

Go back to before she met Marcello. She didn't want what had happened to her. She didn't want to know what she did innocently without realizing what was truly happening. 

She wished she saw all the signs. How possessive he had become of her. How she was never able to leave other than to do drop offs. She wished she had noticed how he was love bombing her. She wished she had known what that meant before meeting him.

If she had been offered the chance to go back in time. She would've sold her very soul to do so. But she knew that it wasn't something she could possibly every do.

___

She met him in a coffee shop. She was reading a book and went to stand up to get another drink. She wasn't paying attention, and when she stood, she bumped into him, making him spill his coffee over the both of them. Including the brand-new book she just got. Now ruined, just like their clothes.

She quickly apologized for what she did and offered to buy him a new drink. That's where it all started. He had noticed her ruined book, and her clothes. So, he got her information, and she woke up with him waiting for her, with a new shirt and a new copy of the book she had been reading.

That should've been a sign. She should've rejected it and walked away. But she wasn't use to getting attention from handsome men. She was so taken aback by his attention. He wouldn't give her a chance to refuse him. He saw something he wanted. And he always got what he wanted.

She should've seen all the signs. She wished she could go back. Oh yes.

She wished hard every day to go back.