Part four

It had been a few more days, Kate had tried her hardest to avoid Bucky now, with his words from the other night still ringing in her ear, she was determined, that she wouldn't be getting involved with him. She had stopped going to the gym in the morning, avoiding anywhere that he may happen to be. She had taken to hiding out in the garage, where she was tinkering away with her bike, tuning it and cleaning it again, her music was on a little louder than she usually would have it, but she could hear the sound of a bike getting closer.

Looking up as the garage door opened, finding it was Bucky coming in on his. He looked directly over at her, she was sat there in the middle of the floor at the back, she had grease on her hands and cheek, and the wrench in her hand.

Bucky parked his bike, then got up.

"What's wrong with it?" He quizzed.

"Nothing" She answered. "Just keeping busy"

He walked over.

"You've been avoiding me"

She quickly looked up at him, and looking away again, as she realised how close he was to her, looking down at her on the floor in front of him. Her cheeks flushed scarlet, as she knew what he was thinking, the thought of getting onto her knees and taking him into her mouth.

"Kat?" She scoffed. "What, am I your pet now?" She then commented.

This caused him to laugh.

"Sorry, would you prefer me to call you Katherine?"

She growled at him, narrowing her eyes.

"What do you want Barnes?"

"I got something on Fisk" He then said.

Kate quickly got to her feet, looking at him surprised.

"He was released from prison, because someone else said they started the fire in the forest. He had claimed he was wrongly accused, and his lawyers had him released as soon as this person came forward" Bucky explained.

"He had to have been paid off, can we talk to this person?"

Bucky shook his head.

"He was killed in prison, in the shower. They don't even know how it happened, or who"

Kate walked over to the wall, leaning on it, feeling like there was nothing to connect him to the crime now.

"I also looked into the coroner who done your mother's PM"

She brought her eyes up to him.

"He's missing. And the evidence that she had been shot, the bullet, has gone as well"

"He's covering his tracks" She scoffed, feeling like there was nothing else they could do.

"I'm sorry" Bucky offered.

"There is only one thing I can do Barnes" She then said.

Bucky looked over to her.

"Get a confession"

"Don't be ridiculous" He said. "He would never"

"I have to try" She walked back over to her bike. "And you can't tell anyone what we have been doing"

Bucky said nothing, but walked closer.

"Have you been avoiding me?" He then asked.

"No" She said. "I don't purposefully go out of my way to make sure we are not in the same room Barnes, we have things to do"

"Kat, we have had nothing to do" He then chuckled. "I think it's because what I said the other night"

Kate threw the rag down on the bench, after wiping her hands, picking up another wrench, she couldn't bring herself to look at him.