Realize That Nobody is Perfect

First off realize that nobody's perfect. Everyone hates something about themselves. And I'm not going to tell you to stop comparing yourself to other people because it is coded into our genetics to do that; it's something that our early ancestors did as a survival technique, a drive to survive. Like "Hey, Paul is using fire, let's use fire." Obviously my intelligence on ancient civilization is slim to none but still you get what I mean. In this day and age as both women and men we are bombarded by images of what the "perfect" body type or physique is. Slim thighs, a big behind, small waist, long hair, straight teeth, tan skin, flat stomach, and so many other ideals. And men are supposed to have sharp jaw lines, and abs, and a perfect body and I feel like all of us, myself included have wasted days upon day of our life trying to achieve something unattainable. By struggling and wishing and hoping beyond hope that we can be that person, or look like this person, or have what they have, but we can't. You are you. You were born. You started out as this blank canvas and at the end it leaves with scars yes, but also with memories, love, faith, and understanding. From one of my all time favorite quotes, in the wise words of Emma Watson, "Beauty is not long hair, skinny legs, tanned skin, or perfect teeth. Believe me. Beauty is the face who cried, but now smiles, beauty is the scar on your knee since you fell when you were a kid,beauty is the circles when love doesn't let you sleep, beauty is the face when the alarm clock rings in the morning, it's the melted makeup in the shower, it's the laughter when you make a joke only you can understand, beauty is meeting his gaze and stoping understanding, beauty is your gaze when you see him, it's when you cry for all you paranoias, beauty is the lines marked by time. Beauty is what we feel in the inside which also shows on the outside. Beauty is the marks life leaves on all of us, all the kicks and caresses that memories leave us. Beauty is letting yourself live." And she's absolutely right. Who says that what you are isn't perfect? Personally I can look at anyone and see so many wonderful things about them. And girls out there I'm going to tell you this; makeup is awesome. I love it, I love doing my makeup and I'm not ashamed to say it which I feel most people are. If you wear makeup to make other people love or because you don't love yourself, stop. Makeup is a form of self expression not others impression. Please consider this as you are all so beautiful.

How to: Love yourselfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें