Tankers & Box Tanks

-Midday-

James is in Knapford yards boasting to the box tank engines about how proud he is to be painted red, while waiting for an engine to shunt his goods train.

James

I'm proud to be a splendid red engine, you know? There's nobody on the North Western that's more splendid in red than me.

Matthew

What about Geoffrey? He's painted red too, and he looks just as good.

James

Forget Geoffrey! He doesn't matter.

Matthew

Okay... I'm just trying to prove that other red engines look just as good as you do.

James

You can't prove anything. Now, can one of you shunt me a train of goods?

Neil

Oh, no can do, James, we're on break!

James

Bother. Well, a splendid engine like me can't shunt!

Clive

You just sound like you don't want to.

James

Bah!

Thomas puffs into the yard to collect his coaches for another run.

Thomas

What's up, James?

James

Oh. It's you. Can you fetch some trucks for me?

Thomas

I hope this is the last time you ask because I have my own work to do & I mustn't be late!

Thomas unwillingly shunts James his trucks. He shunts a train of vans, wagons, and flatbeds. Thomas has a rather cheeky idea and holds his brakes on at the end of the train, even after James was coupled up.

James

Now that I have my trucks, time to get out & go! See you later!

James starts to puff away, but his wheels just slip on the ground, and he's not going anywhere.

Thomas

snickers

Neil

James, you don't seem to be going anywhere.

James

I know, and I don't know why!

Clive