𝐓𝐖𝐎

They all continued walking backwards. Ashlyn continued looking forward as she asked the others, "Can we open the back door?"

Emma and Mike nodding along with her words, glad she was still attempting to think straight in a situation like this.

"It's blocked!" Logan informed, tears continuously streaming down his face. His voice trembled,"W-what do we do??"

"Die?" Aiden suggested jokingly, trying to find some humour in their situation.

Everyone turned to the blonde boy who was grinning and seeming to agree with his counterpart.

"Are you for real right now? It isn't the time for jokes!" Tyler shrieked, Aiden just gave him a grin and ignored him.

He only got a chorus of his name being said in annoyance and Emilia's hand gripping his tighter than before.

Emilias parents now noticing the joint hands had two completely different reactions. Amy was giggling to herself, already planning the wedding along with her introverted slightly hesitant sister-in-law. Mingjun seemed annoyed and ready to shoot the blonde hyena any minute now.

Emilia just ignored them, to busy furrowing her eyebrows at the small touch. Aiden doing the exact same thing but with a smile.

Suddenly, the shadow creature lunged at them, it's sharp claws ready to dig into its prey. The seven minors shrieked and flinched in fright, holding onto each other for dear life as they rethought their life choices then and there. Emilia and Aiden held each other tightly while also bringing Ashlyn, who was covering her ears, and Logan, who hadn't stopped crying, into a hug. Tyler was protecting Taylor as Ben protected both.

All the parents seemed scared for the kids. Worrying over their safety and questioning what the hell was going on.

The seven in question, shared looks with each other. They didn't know each other that well, hell they didn't know each other at all, but from what it looked like, they were close and all of them seemed to be going through the exact same traumatic experience. So in their books as of now, they were good and the only semblance of safety and security each other had.

Emilia's eyes once again fell on onscreen Logan, a wide grin on her face. Adoption!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Logan's watch went off, letting all of them know that the timer was finished. As the creature went for a swing, it never met a single human as in the place they had once stood, there was no one there.