Chapter 4 | Dahlia Addams

Enid had led me and Wednesday to the head office, where we got our new school uniforms and our schedules.

Wednesday and I started to follow Enid again as she gave us a tour and told us some things about the school. "Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us."

Enid turned to me and Wednesday as we were walking down a flight of stairs. "Outcasts, freaks, monsters." We got to the bottom of the stairs and Enid turned around walking backwards a little and then stopping.

"Fill in your favorite marginalized group here." Enid stated, but Wednesday was unbothered by Enid and didn't want to hear a thing. "You can save the sanitized sales pitch." Wednesday had gone to stand in front of Enid. "I don't plan on staying here for long."

Enid looked at Wednesday, then at me and then back at Wednesday. "Why not?"

Wednesday looked at me and I knew that she noticed that I do not have the same plans as she has. "This was my parents' idea."

And then Wednesday looked at a picture of the fencing team from when our parents went to this school. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me." And Wednesday looked back at Enid. "They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

Enid got a little more excited. "What plan?" Enid asked Wednesday.

Wednesday looked at Enid, still no emotion showing on her face. "To turn me into a version of themselves."

"Well in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." Enid started as she also started walking again. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled the stings to get you off."

Wednesday her expression changed the smallest bit, but I could see that she felt proud. "Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?"

Enid stopped in her tracks while Wednesday kept walking and after something like two seconds Enid got back to us and started walking next to Wednesday again.

🥀🖤🥀🖤

We walked outside, Enid held her arms out like she was going to hug someone and she announced. "Welcome to the quad." To which Wednesday said. "It's a Pentagon."

Enid and I looked at Wednesday, I was getting a little tired of the way she acted the whole time so I said to Wednesday. "The whole snarky goth thing might have worked at normie school, but I feel like here things are different."

Enid nodded, totally agreeing with me. "So let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." Wednesday looked at Enid with no emotion and said. "I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés."

I glared at Wednesday and I said to Enid. "Well, I would love to hear what you have to say."

A smile immediately took it's place on Enid her face and she started to talk again. "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales." Enid tells us as she acts likes she counts on her fingers.

Enid points to a table with people, they all wear sunglasses and they look quite pale. "Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires." Enid comes closer to me and says. "Some of them have literally been here for decades." And we start walking again.

Enid points to another table. "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!" Enid told me and Wednesday and the werewolves started howling at us. "Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when Furs wolf out. I suggest you pick up noise-canceling headphones." Enid informs us.

We stopped again and Wednesday looked at a small group of people sitting at the water fountain in the middle of the quad. "I'm assuming Scales are sirens?" Wednesday asked Enid. "You catch on quick."

Enid points to the girl who is sitting on the edge of the water fountain with her hand running through the water. "And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing nevermore has to royalty. Although her crown's been slipping lately."

"She used to date our resident tortured artist Xavier Thorpe." Enid said, as she pointed to a guy that was painting a wall when Enid mentioned Xavier Thorpe.

Enid then looked back at us. "But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason unknown."

Wednesday then said. "Fascinating." To which Enid anwsered. "I know, right?"

Enid excitedly turned to me and Wednesday. "My vlog is, like, the number one source for Nevermore gossips." And then a boy with a beanie walked up to Enid.