6 - When Will My Reflection Show

Heeheeheeeee, things are finally starting to get interesting ;)

~Tyler's POV~

The next thing I knew, I was in a warm, cozy bed in the dark. I could've sworn that just five minutes ago, I was sitting on a sofa at a lively party sipping on champagne. I don't remember getting so drunk that my mind blacked out getting driven home and put to bed. That was really weird.

And this wasn't even my bed, I realized as I felt about it. It was fairly large, but not large enough to be my bed. Didn't they know the difference between a pretty little guest bedroom and my bedroom?

Rolling my eyes in the dark, I pushed my tired body out of bed, then winced, shocked when a sharp pain flared on the back of my head and ripped down my spine. Still hissing through my teeth, I reached a hand up to the back of my head, my eyes widening when I felt a rather sizable bump there. What the hell?

I felt my heartbeat pick up as I rushed to locate a light switch, sighing in relief when I found it and flipped it; I was in my home, I hadn't been bludgeoned and kidnapped.

I decided that I should go find Nina and try to figure out what happened, see if she could patch up this bump.

I didn't have to wander far from the guest room; Nina was closing the curtains at the end of the hall. She must've heard my footsteps, because she turned around, and I was surprised when she sighed and shook her head.

"What are you doing out of bed? I mean, I know that's no concussion, but you still need rest."

I frowned. "Yeah, uh, about that...." I said, pointing at the back of my head. "What happened? I didn't get so drunk that I took a tumble, did I?"

Nina's brow creased. "You mean, you don't remember?"

I shook my head, chuckling. "To be honest, I don't recall any-fucking-thing. I'm a little confused."

Nina's face took on an expression of dire concern. "Oh, no... I think I was wrong, we should get you to a hospital. Stay right here, I'll go call a car."

"Wait," I called as she scurried down the hall. "Wait, Nina, what happened?"

"Just stay there, Troye, everything will be alright!" Nina called back. She disappeared down another hall, leaving me even more confused than when I'd woken up.

"What do you mean, 'Troye'?" I yelled after her, but she didn't reply.

I let out a sigh of exasperation. What do I have to do to get some answers around here?

A flicker of movement to my left caught my attention, and I turned to see my own reflection in the window that Nina had been drawing the curtains to. I was prepared to smirk at my reflection, maybe run my hand through blonde quiff, but what I saw was not me.

I gasped and spun around, thinking that maybe he'd snuck up behind me, but no one else was in the vast hall. You're fine, I told myself, steadying my heartbeat. You're just seeing Troye because you feel guilty about knocking the poor bastard out. When you look again, it'll be you in the window.

I took a deep breath, clearing my mind, and looked into the window again.

The figure I saw was not Tyler Oakley. He was taller and lankier, his form just overall different than mine.

No fucking way, I thought. Nina was right, I had better haul my ass to the hospital pronto; something was not right here.

As calmly as I could force myself to be, I marched to the nearest bathroom in my house, squeezing my eyelids shut when I stepped out in front of the mirror.