Chapter 18

What did I want him to be?

A tornado of thought swirled around my mind, sweeping anything without Seb's name on it into oblivion. I wanted him to be mine, to feel him on me, around me, in me. Fantasies wholesome and equally as vulgar consumed me, and I wanted to indulge in every. single. one.

"How do I choose? I giggled, his hand intertwining with mine.

"You don't have to," he whispered, fiddling with my fingers. "You just have to choose which comes first."

I looked at him, and he peered down at me through heavy eyelids, a small smile engraved on his lips. I stared.

"Up here, Cal," he sneered. My heart pounded against my ribcage.

"Is all of this over now?" I asked cautiously.

"It never even happened, as far as I'm concerned."

"What are we, then?" I clenched my teeth, anxiety starting to bubble in my throat.

"Well, we'll start with girlfriend—until I can no longer stand to see that left hand so empty."

"Mm," I hummed, wrapping my free hand around the backside of his neck. "Don't get ahead of yourself, now."

"It's called manifesting," he replied, leaning into the touch. "I became a pro after you rejected me in high school, and..." his lips were merely inches from mine now. "...here we are."

"I guess I can't argue with that," I smiled.

"I guess you can't," he purred, cupping my face with a strong hand and pulling it towards him.

And there was that explosion again, a whirlwind of unfiltered electricity pouring through my veins. I would've thought my skin to be on fire if the burn felt less exhilarating, less satisfying.

We were like the wicks of neighboring candles, bending towards each other's flames until we, ourselves, eventually ignited. From there, it was just a matter of who melted first, who let it become more than it was. More than it had ever been.

"I want you," I whispered between kisses.

"Then have me," he murmured, his hand migrating to the back of my head as he lowered me towards the bed, his figure now towering over mine. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled, his other hand grabbing the bed frame above me to prevent our bodies from crashing together; a sly smile spread across his lips as he removed the fingers interlaced with my hair and fiddled with his belt buckle.

I reached for it, too, my hands entirely too unoccupied. "Not so fast," he muttered, pulling it from the loops of his jeans in one swift movement and leaning towards me once more. "What do you think this is?"

"You usually have to take your pants off to fuck," I said sarcastically, trying again for the button of his jeans.

"We don't fuck until you finish," he purred, swatting my hand away. "Nobody's ever given you the princess treatment?"

"Who is it you think I've slept with?" I laughed quietly.

"Clearly nobody who does it right."

"Nobody at all," I corrected. He looked at me with eyes that were wide with astonishment and guilt and something much more complex.

"You and Alex—"

"Kissed," I cut him off. "Again, six years ago. You thought we—?"

"Well, I just figured—"

A heavy silence settled between us. "I'm sorry," he said.

"Why?"

He didn't answer, and he didn't need to. I knew exactly what it was.