Chapter 5

One Month Later.

Miles walks through the Sietch Tabr in full uniform. His diamond mark proudfully plastered upon his head. He makes way to the open where he joins the group of Fedaykin. A new term he learned in the coming days. They were fighters. Warriors. And they were in his care. His treatment.

He is greeted by many of them as he walks through the seated Fremen. They were all enjoying a nice spice-filled Tabar with some Donkey milk. Miles thinks back to when he treated Shila. Unaware that these people thrive on basically two meals and two meals alone. Luckily for them, they were easy on the digestive system.

Miles continues to check up on his friends. No sustainable injuries from this trip. Rumors and excitement have been echoing through the Siech as word of an Imperial change is happening. Miles can only guess who will arrive to replace these oppressive Harkonnen. Either way, he feels no absolute pity for that house.

He walks along the caverns and into his private room. When he arrives, he is greeted by Rora and Shila. Together they have formed a family of sorts. A bondage. One that Miles took extra care of. His bias definitely showed within the tribe. Though as long as Stilgar didn't seem to care, there were no major issues.

That night, Miles takes a step outside of the Siech to observe the dune planet. The slopes of sand that glisten in the bright daytime and dim in the dark night. He preferred the desert much more at dark. The solid cool temperature reminded him of his homeworld Caladan. Although he didn't miss, he often finds himself reminiscing about.

Miles arrived in Arrakis with hopes of finding a job. Cementing a career for himself in order to live up to his family's name. Instead he found much more. Much more than he could have ever imagined- or dreamed of.

Wow, he thinks to himself. This planet isn't that bad. Not at all.