Airport

12/27/14

I'm currently waiting for my luggage at the baggage claim area. Which is taking a lot longer than I expected. Once I finally get my suitcase and bags. I began looking for the exit to the airport. 

As I'm looking at the different signs I get bumped into hard making me drop my suitcase and bags.

"Just great." I mutter under my breath. Bending down to recollect my items. 

Not expecting the person to kneel down and help me recover my items as well, they do. 

"You should watch where you're going." A deep male voice tells me. They make a grab for my passport on the ground which I quickly grab before they do. 

I look up glaring at the guy who seems to be around the same age as me.

"Sorry." He hands me one of my nags that fell.

"Mhmm. Qui aurait pensé que les New-Yorkais étaient de tels voleurs."

"Excuse me."

Getting up, and grabbing my luggage I walk away.   

Once I've finally found the exit to the airport I step outside and am met with shouting, honking, and a lot of bright yellow taxis. 

TAXIS! That's right. How could I have forgotten my ride. There's no way I would be able to hail a taxi in this craziness.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing. An unknown number pops up on the caller ID.

"Hello" I answer. 

"Is this Selena Julien Grace" The person on the other line asks 

"Yes.... who is this?"

"....I'll introduce myself later. Do you have your luggage." "Yes." Are you outside the airport. "Yes." "Ok then don't move." And with that the person on the other line suddenly hangs up. 

Just Great 

I stand there for a few moments until a black Cadillac pulls up in front of me. 

The window rolls down, and I'm met with a lady with a lady smiling. "Selena."

"...um yes" I respond skeptically.

The lady steps out of the car  "my name's is Ms. Madden. You can call me Cleo" she extends her hand. Which I stare at for a moment before looking up at her. 

"Have we met before"

The driver gets out of the car and walks over to my side taking the luggage out of my hand putting it in the trunk. The lady steps out of the car and extends her hand. Which I stare at for a moment before shaking still skeptical of this entire interaction.

"My name's Ms. Madden. You can call me Cleo."
"Nice to meet you I'm...you already know my name." I say getting inside the car. The driver pushes the door close for me. 

"I certainly do." With that she goes on her computer.

I put my seat belt on and the driver begins to drive.

"So um...who are you? Did the school send you?" 

She closes her laptop half way. "No actually....you're father did. I'm his secretary."

Did I hear her correctly

"WHAT!" Suddenly the doors lock. I pull on the door handle. "Let me out. This is kidnapping."

"Not necessarily. Cause we are bringing you to your father."

"Yeah with my unawareness and in case you weren't didn't know he's not my father considering he lost his parental rights, so yes this is kidnapping Cleo so I suggest you open this door before I call the cops." I say waving my phone.

Not realizing the fact that she was on the phone she hands it to me. 

I narrow my eyes at her before taking it. "Hello.." 

"CHRISTINA JULIEN GRACE, ARE YOU OUT OF YOU'RE FLIPPING MIND. WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU TRY TO JUMP OUT OF A MOVING CAR!"

"Mom!? How? When? How long have you been on the line."

"Since the minute you got into the car."

I glare at Cleo. 

"I didn't want to tell you this, in case of how you'd react."

"Tell me what? React to what?"

I hear her take a deep breath on the other side of the line "You're gonna be staying with your father and his...family, during your time in New York."

"WHAT! You can't be serious."

"I'm being very serious here missy."

"You didn't think to mention this to me before I go on the plane or even the airport." "We both know how you'd react if I told you." She counters

"Oh really, how would I have reacted." "

"You wouldn't have gone."

"Yeah because what if he had pulled some strings for me to be accepted to the school, not sure he would try that hard. I'd feel even worse knowing that I got accepted somewhere not based on my skill or hard work but that bastards connections." 

"LANGUAGE"

"My bad that cowards connections."

Cleo laughs quietly at this but then puts back a serious face on.

"What if he didn't and you got in because of your skills and hard work." I snort at this.

"Mom this is literally my fourth application to the school." 

"Well you know what they say fourth times the charm." I smile a bit at this. "You'll do amazing at the school, I know you will, promise me you won't give him a hard time."

Silence

"Promise me."

I cross my fingers, "I promise."

"Good, I'll talk to you later, I love you."

"I love you too." I say before hanging up and giving the phone back to Cleo. Who gives me a friendly smile which I don't return back. Instead I plug my earphones into my ear knowing this is going to be a long ride