Week 5: mall

Ervin walked in behind remy, hornet following in behind him. Kerra was waiting for her in the living space dressed in a white button up dressy top and a black knee high skirt.

Eaven was setting behind her at the dinner table. "The girls are going to the mall" he said to his brother standing up. "Sounds fun" ervin kissed her cheek, pulled out a wod of crash and placed it in her hand as she stared at him questioning. "Buy whatever you want" he grinned at her as him and eaven begin walking off to leave for 'work'. She look down at the serval 100 dollar bills in her hand "what I want is to spend time with you..." she mumbled to herself. Kerra raised an eyebrow "spoiled from birth to marriage". She smiles at remy, who stared at her. "I'll give it 2 more months with how you two act before you're married" she grinned crossing her arms . Hornet chuckled to himself as he said that to ervin.

It was very obvious what the two had was real. Ervin really cared about the short foul mouth and remy found her person who enjoys her attitude. 

She smiled

"Really 3 months?, I get the mafia marries for power, alliance, linage or fake press but 3 months is a little um short?".

"Most marriages aren't love or affection either. It's names or power. Women are treated like property in our world" hornet spoke up bitterly with the last few words. she sternly looked at him. "if he only wanted you for you're body, you wouldn't get away with the things you say and do to him" hornet faintly smiled at her. She chuckled "he wouldn't get away with treating me like property either". Hornet looked at her, the way she talks about her family and her fathers reputation among the family itself. Sounded like something none of them wanted to be on the bad side of.

———————-

Kerra dragged remy into a clothing store. Remy hated it, it had flashy sparkly dresses, heels and jewelry. Kerra pick up a light pink dress and held to remys figure. "you'd look so cute in this" She smiled at her, remy however glanced at it and glanced back uncomfortably while Hornet and three soldiers watch them closely . Remy pushed the dress away glancing away. Kerra smiled and hang it back on the rack then grab a short black dress with puffy lace sleeves, lace across the chest and back with a fabric collar "Here this is more your style". Remy smiled taking it. Kerra grab her hand and drag her over to the shoes.

"I hate to ask but how old is that girl... she looks like a teenager..." a soldier glanced at hornet. Remy was 5'3 and maybe 140lbs, she didn't look her age. it had half to do with the way she dressed. Remy had a black overall skirt on with a grey puffy sleeve button up shirt and knee high socks. Hornet gave a stern look toward the young man "20, she'll be 21 in October". He said sternly. The young man nodded his head not asking any farther questions.

Remy pick up a pair of black 4' closed toe heels with a ankle stripe. "Those will look cute with the dress" kerra smiled. Remy smiled agreeing and walked up to the register.

The two walked out of the store. "so you finally find something you wanted" hornet comments walking beside her. "I was raised on the county side, rodeos, grill outs, mudding, horses. so I'm not really into the flashy stuff around here". "You're gonna have to get used to it" kerra smiles nugging her.

"Pretty boy want like me if he try's to control what I wear for comfort" she was smiling but her tone was seriously. The guards glance at each other amused did she realize who she was talking about.

————————

Remy seat at a table in the food court, the two had got pretzels and soft drinks. She had manage to find a few outfits she like. Kerra on the other hand like 12 or more.

Remy smiled at her, she missed hanging out with her. The last 5 years she only seen her on holidays. She made a point to be there for remy for every milestone. School, graduation, events, birthdays but it was for a few hours. "You say I'm spoiled yet we've only Ben to 3 stores and you have brought 12 outfits already" remy smiled at her. "Hey I pushed out a kid, I have a right to be pampered like a queen" she smiled flipping her hair to the side. Remy shake her head amused

"Do you plan to shop till you drop?, you only gave birth a few days ago" remy nervously smiled at her, she was tired kerra had her running around the mall for 4 hours. "And yet I feel great, it's good to be able to walk around again, oh By the way I seen the newspaper, that photo was adorable." She princh her cheek playfully as remy batted her hand away laughing. "That was actually the first night slept next to him" she faintly smiled. "Oh how sweet When are you going tell your father?" She asked leaning on the table. "I'll inform him when he gets home, that way he can't form a plan 'to get him'" she smirk.