Chapter 4-The Attack

Jacqueline POV

It was him—the man in the painting and the man I saw in my vision. I stood, stunned and scared. I’ve encountered many vampires, but none as violent as this one. As I looked at the onset of violence, I saw that the bodies of my crew were scattered throughout the room; the girls were cut in half or had bite marks on their necks. One girl had her throat slit. Montoya uses his pistol and starts shooting at the vampire. The vampire roared in anger and threw Montoya across the room. I grabbed my crossbow and shot one of the arrows. I seized the opportunity to shoot the vampire when his back was turned. The vampire quickly turned around and grabbed my arrow mid-shot. I was baffled by this action. The vampire broke my arrow in half, which would’ve been impossible because those arrows were made of cherry wood. The vampire threw the shards of the arrow and began walking towards me. I began to reload, and I said,

“Back the fuck away from me!”

The vampire grabbed me and threw me against the wall. I landed on the dresser, where I knocked over my gun. I eventually landed on the floor. My body was aching from the throw. This fucker was strong. The vampire, hissing in anger, then says my name.

“Jack Crow, it's been so long.”

I look up at the vampire, shocked. How the fuck did he know my name? I then get up from the floor, spitting blood from my mouth.

“Who the fuck are you?” I sneer.

The vampire laughs at me.

“My name is Valek. I’ve come for your soul, my lovely bride.”

I scoffed.

“Bride? You must be out of your fucking mind!”

Valek started chuckling. He continued to walk towards me. I shoot him again with my gun and nothing. He’s immune to my weapon. Suddenly, I can hear laughter. Female laughter. My vision became blurry. I can see the woman in the red dress and Valek. He’s spinning her in the air as he is carrying her.

“Valek, stop! I’m dizzy!”

“I’ll never stop. I love you, Francesca. I love you.”

Francesca and Valek kissed. Wait, Francesca is me! I’m Francesca! The point of view changed to where I was, Francesca, and I could see Valek. Valek then took me to a mirror, where he began to kiss my neck. Suddenly, the vision stopped. I fell backward because I tripped over a dead body. Valek was staring at me, hissing softly.

“Do you believe in me now?” He asks in a menacing tone.

I groaned in pain. I tried to get up from the floor but felt something broken. My left shoulder was injured. I felt so helpless as I tried to get back up. I felt strong hands grab my jacket, yanking me from the floor. It was Montoya. He grabbed me and held on.

“I got you,” Montoya whispered.

Valek hissed, and his voice became deeper and intense.

“Get your fucking hands off her!” Valek yelled.

As Valek lunged at Montoya, I grabbed Montoya’s sidearm and shot Valek up close. I shot him twice, and Valek went backward. Out of nowhere, Father Emmanuel suddenly runs towards me and Montoya, throwing the keys to the truck at us. His face was cut, and he had blood running down his arms and forehead. He was beaten badly.