Preface

A sleek car glided to a stop in front of a charming apartment building. In a flurry of motion, Bee and her daughter Ginny emerged, laden with suitcases and duffle bags bursting with their belongings. Ginny's faithful companion, Biscuit, nestled in her lap as Bee efficiently stowed their luggage in the trunk before ushering Ginny into the backseat.

"Are you sure about this, Bee?" John, affectionately known as Big John, questioned from the driver's seat.

"He made it clear he wanted us gone. I just want a good life for Ginny, without the constant worry of her father's temper," Bee replied with determination.

With a nod of understanding, John pressed the gas pedal, propelling them away from their past and towards a brighter future. Hours passed, the landscape changing outside the window until the car finally rolled to a halt in front of a familiar sight – the connected shacks Bee's parents had once owned, now theirs to call home.

"It still looks the same," Bee remarked, nostalgia tugging at her heartstrings.

With a gentle smile, John moved to retrieve Ginny, who clutched Biscuit tightly in her arms.

"Mommy, is this our new home?" Ginny inquired eagerly.

"Yes, sweetheart, this is our home, our Chateau," Bee affirmed, leading her daughter into their new abode, ready to begin a fresh chapter filled with hope and promis