chapter two

Soon enough, the students were dismissed and the staff would all be heading to their individual classrooms. As a homeroom teacher, Komaru would be getting the students first. 

For now, she was specifically in charge of the new first years.

As she waited for the kids to start flooding in, she sat at her desk and fiddled around with the colorful trinkets that she'd bought to decorate it. 

She didn't know where she wanted to put her eyes. One moment she was staring at her desk, the next she was staring at the family photo on her wall, and then suddenly she'd be looking at her phone to check the time. 

A part of her wanted to leave briefly and go see what Toko was doing, but she knew that with her luck, a student would finally arrive the moment that she left.

So here she was, waiting patiently.

Although, if she was being honest, she never saw herself taking a route in education before the tragedy. She didn't exactly mind, though. She did love meeting new people, and it also gave her just enough free time to pursue her hobby as a manga artist on the side. She'd also be helping her brother and her friends, so it was all in all a win-win situation.

"Geez... is it possible to feel anxious and excited at the same time?" She muttered to herself, getting up from her seat and stretching. She felt as if she needed to get a little movement in her system to shake the feeling. 

If she was going to teach a class, she needed to at least be a little calm.

A few more minutes would pass by, before suddenly, the classroom door burst open. 

Rushing inside, there were about four students. A short purple-haired boy, a taller purple-haired boy, a robot, and a spunky girl with flowing blonde hair. 

Yup, Komaru recognized them as clear as day... they were some of her first years from the student files that she was shown. But what the hell were they doing?

 Before she could even react, the short boy began to hide behind her, clinging onto her shirt.

"Teacher! That bimbo bitch, her hunk of metal, and that gross ape won't stop chasing me! I didn't even do anything!" The boy sobbed, pointing at the three others. Although the tears were obviously a facade.

"Um, no! This fuckin' purple teletubby stole my wrench! I need that shit to update my robot!" The girl retorted, her hands on her hips.

"I'm not your robot..." The hunk of metal hesitantly interjected.

"He did a hit and run! After he stole the wrench, he whacked my head with it!" The taller boy added, rolling his sleeves up. "You gotta lemme at 'em!"

Komaru stared blankly at them for a few seconds. There's no way these were her students.

"...Okay, just go sit down! Now! I'll take care of it," She sighed, turning around and facing the hidden boy. She quickly noticed the wrench in his hand and snatched it. "I'm assuming you're Kokichi, then?"

Suddenly, his waterworks stopped like the flip of a switch.

"Mmyep, that's me!" Kokichi grinned, holding a thumbs up.

"Yeah, I knew it. You have a reputation..." Komaru sighed, gesturing towards the desks in the back row. "Go sit down over there. Far away from them."

"Fine, fine..." He groaned, walking away and sitting at a desk in the far back corner.

After the four of them all had a seat, Komaru sat at her desk.

"So... Kokichi, Kaito, Miu, and Kiibo are the first ones to arrive... what a grand entrance..." She sighed to herself, scribbling things down on the attendance sheet. "Okay. Do you all know where your other classmates are? Are they coming?"

"Yeah, they'll be here..." Kaito huffed, rubbing his head where he got hit, clearly still seething with anger.

"Great! In the meantime, please try not to kill each other anymore, okay? And, um... if it's necessary, Kaito, you should probably go see Miss Tsumiki."