Daffodil Flowers

❝Daffodil Flowers symbolize rebirth and new beginnings, as they emerge year after year once the snow clears.❞

─────﹒✿﹒─────

"He unbuckled his belt, pulling out his thick memb-"

"Oh, what the fuck?!" You yelped as you dropped your phone from shock, startling the poor old ladies who were just admiring the flowers you put on display this morning. You turned your head away from them in embarrassment, feeling their judgemental stares at you.

"Oops. Sorry about that, haha.." You let out a nervous chuckle as you tried to think of what to do to rectify the situation. Unfortunately, you weren't exactly great under pressure, so the best thing you could think of at the moment was to smile awkwardly at them as you pointed two finger guns at them.

They looked at you with even more scrutiny as they left the store.

"Fuck, I am such an idiot." You mumbled to yourself with a sigh. Sure, reading fanfiction while you were supposed to be working wasn't the most professional thing to do but come on, you were bored and there was nothing to do! It's not like you'll ever have to worry about getting fired anyway, your parents owned the flower shop that you worked at and since they're on vacation in America for the next few months, there's no one to reprimand you for your insolence regardless.

However, that did come with a price. Since your parents weren't there to take care of the store, you and your brother have been forced to be in charge of it instead. Unfortunately, this also meant you had to work the register since your brother broke it last time due to an incident regarding a raw turkey.

You still shiver every time you recall that memory.

To be fair, the job wasn't all that bad. You genuinely did enjoy handling and caring for plants and experimenting with different arrangements, colors, and ribbons to make unique floral designs was one of your favorite hobbies, even though you didn't know jack-shit about color theory.

Hell, even the customers weren't too irritating most of the time since they were mainly just sweet old ladies. You enjoyed their company and they even relayed some juicy gossip to you sometimes, you were surprised to find out the amount of drama old people had in their communities.

Of course, the month of February was the exception due to the countless amounts of hormonal teenagers barging in to buy gifts for Valentine's Day, effectively tripling your workload which caused you to hate the month in its entirety. Your brother insisted that it was just because you were jealous, stating that you were "destined to be alone forever" but you vehemently denied it.

You bent down to pick up your phone, inspecting the damage. Luckily, there weren't any cracks. You let out a sigh of relief, but that sense of relief was short-lived as you felt a hand touching your shoulder as you stood up.

You flinched, instinctively turning your body to punch whoever had the gall to try to sneak up on you. Unfortunately, they grabbed your wrist tight to stop your attack instead of being blasted away. Guess the plan to knock them out first and worry about the consequences later was a bust.

"Calm down, it's just me." A soft monotone voice came from them, one that you knew so well, that you could easily recognize it from a crowd.

You smiled fondly at them as you lowered your arm. "Oh, thank goodness it's just you, Hitoshi! Don't sneak up on me like that, I almost sent you flying!" It was Hitoshi Shinsou, your best friend since your second year of middle school. You didn't remember him having such great reflexes before, but you assumed he just learned it in his new school.