family line

"What's going to happen to us?"

Red can be interpreted in so many ways that it forgot its original meaning and lost its identity

Atlas Kogane knew she had a brother, and she knew his name was Keith. She also knew where he slept– he slept three doors down the hall. All she didn't know about him was why he didn't know they were related.

"Why does space stuff have to be so complicated...?" Atlas tried to stay afloat in the pool, but nothing ever went well for her– she had company. The worst kind, the Lance kind.

"You make everything complicated." her company grumbled; he had his swim-shorts on with a smirk. "Have you ever thought about that?"

"Have you ever thought about shutting the hell up?" Atlas retorted as she splashed her way to the exit of the pool. Just as Lance got in– he looked up at her with curious eyes, specks of longing clouded his irises, Atlas couldn't make out why. "Out of my way, McClain."

His frown softened, "after you, m'lady."

With her back turned, Atlas snickered– she shouldn't have laughed, she realized that soon after; "I'm outta here. Where's Keith?"

"Probably training." Lance sighed; she only ever wanted Keith. It was all about Keith.

"Right, obviously."

Atlas ran to the training room with her slippery figure, almost falling at every turn she came across. "Kei-" as she approached the desired room, she saw her team crowding the entrance, with the clear exception of Lance. "Keith?!"

Shiro turned to the half-galran girl, "he's in there with-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Atlas pushed her way through to see what everyone was gawking at. "Mom..."

"You knew?!" Keith's eyes started pooling with tears, "you knew this whole goddamn time that we were related?!"

Atlas tried to deny all claims, all allegations thrown her way– she couldn't bring herself to lie to him, her big brother. "I'm sorry," was all she could mutter. She kept repeating– "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Keith– please..."

Keith was blinded by his anger, usually. This time he saw himself, which was really Atlas, on the floor– sobbing, begging for forgiveness on her knees. He saw his sister. He rushed to her side, his hands cradled her figure as she cried.

"Don't– okay, I'm sorry..." Keith's tone was soft, if you listened close enough, you might just say it sounded brotherly. It was much different than his sharp and deadly tone with everyone else.

"Mom..." Atlas called for her mother, her hands reaching up– much like when she was younger, asking to be picked up by her mother. "Wha- are you staying this time?"

Her mother answered with a sigh– Atlas knew what she meant without her needing to say another word.

"What's going to happen to us?"